Cakewalk saying I need to reactivate before 12 days

6 hours ago, GreenLight said:

No sticky thread for activation issues and questions yet? Please make one

It wouldn't matter. They already don't read the 394 other threads about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GreenLight said:

No sticky thread for activation issues and questions yet? Please make one. :)

It would save the world many bits and bites, and therefore be good for the environment. Please think of the squirrels! 🐿 :D

None of those people would read it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

None of those people would read it anyway.

True! 😂 But at least the moderator's would have something to point to, when they delete all the superfluous threads.

• Like 1

I'm new to CbB, after using it for years in the late 90s-early 2000s for one-man-band gigs. To clarify, will I get a deadline warning to reauthorize, rather than a sudden refusal to open?  I've been concerned about getting to the gig, turning on the laptop, and being unable to open CbB. 

I'd be happy to  do an outright purchase of Sonar so I can avoid such headaches, (assuming it has the same playlist function, and can use the current version of TTS ) but I'm wary of using a beta version on the gig.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Duncan Stitt said:

I'm new to CbB, after using it for years in the late 90s-early 2000s for one-man-band gigs. To clarify, will I get a deadline warning to reauthorize, rather than a sudden refusal to open?  I've been concerned about getting to the gig, turning on the laptop, and being unable to open CbB. 

I'd be happy to  do an outright purchase of Sonar so I can avoid such headaches, (assuming it has the same playlist function, and can use the current version of TTS ) but I'm wary of using a beta version on the gig.

To continue using the TTS-1 you will need a game plan. Watch the videos I made on the topic. 

It has been removed from the forthcoming Sonar as well as the last version of CbB.  But, if you install any older versions of CbB or Sonar you will still be able to use it. Instructions are in the videos. 

Yes Sonar has the playlist. It is more or less the same as Sonar Plat and CbB. 

No TTS_1 , No Problem    -  https://youtu.be/kF3tEttGdIQ

How I saved the TTS-1 from death by Sonar-  https://youtu.be/gDm9AhrTbfk

Goodbye TTS-1-    https://youtu.be/Zw-UqrMmF0A

But you should seriously look at replacing the TTS_1 as it is DX format and has not been supported for a long time. It can defiantly crash Sonar.

If you wish to continue using it you are better off keeping a time machine going like a laptop with W7 and running a Pre Bandlab version of Sonar. 

Edited by John Vere