Latency and Volume problems

Hi,

1. My playback after recording in Cakewalk is too quiet.

2. If I try to record additional tracks they are slightly out of sync.

------

What I am working with:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz   2.20 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

PC: Thinkpad laptop

Mixer: Yamaha MGO6X

Audio interface: Behringer U-Control UCA222

Mic: Shure Beta 27

------

Order of device connection: Guitar > Mic > Mixer > Audio interface > laptop > cakewalk

-------

To help with latency, I've tried different driver modes to see if that helps. People suggested I use ASIO4ALL. However, every time I select the ASIO driver mode in cakewalk, I get this message:

image.png.6944de6859874f3b00594567d47f6f95.png

This prevents my devices from even showing up as an option for recording. So, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling this driver. Same deal. Also tinkered with the buffer size in other driver modes under "driver settings" and "sync and caching" Didn't seem to help latency. It also wasn't saving some of my settings if I remember correctly.

Moving on to addressing the volume...

My mixer has its gain and master levels set to 1 o'clock. As well the stereo output is cranked all the way to the max. The audio level indicator in Cakewalk next to my track climbs above the -12 to -18 db range, sometimes beyond to a little bit yellow. Everything is audible and clear, just too quiet.

I tried adjusting the drive, input and output knobs using the pro channel/compressor already available in Cakewalk. It raised the volume, but the clipping indicator light always turns yellow/red when I do that. Furthermore, it distorts. Great.

I have no further knowledge on the subject as I am a newbie. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Posted (edited)

I hate to tell you this but you wasted 30 bucks on that. That thing doesn't even have proper  1/4" and XLR inputs or proper speaker outputs. You need to return it and get a proper interface that has proper inputs and outputs, proper gain controls and a proper ASIO driver.

Edited by Byron Dickens

56 minutes ago, Byron Dickens said:

I hate to tell you this but you wasted 30 bucks on that. That thing doesn't even have proper  1/4" and XLR inputs or proper speaker outputs. You need to return it and get a proper interface that has proper inputs and outputs, proper gain controls and a proper ASIO driver.

I have a different mixer, the Peavey PV6BT. It has a usb port, so I can plug it directly into my laptop. But I have the same problem. Low volume, turn it up, it clips.