This might explain the wait.

I guess I need to dig out my Plasma cd if Bandlab doesn’t  give me more free DAWs and puppies!

I look as the situation like NI’s methodology.  You don’t have to necessarily upgrade every damn year but some new stuff is nice to get.  I don’t like subscriptions and I like to own my software.  But I just can’t fathom the mindset of some that think they shouldn’t have to pay anything to keep sonar running.  You get what you pay for and we’ve now enjoyed what… 7 years of free use and updates.  That is a lot of entertainment or work for  naught 

i hope Sonar sells a version that is cheap enough to buy for any user or afford a monthly lease or whatever.  I don’t even mind paying the extra freight if I get a more inclusive product if that helps other users.  But I find it irrational to think Bandlab will fund your new personal DAW for free.

• Like 1

I don’t recall anyone thinking “free” would last forever. We knew it wouldn’t and when Sonar was announced, many like me said, “well ok, so how much will it cost?” We both know and don’t know now. Bandlab gave us the monthly and yearly subscription pricing but some like me sit here dreaming of a single purchase price that is unlikely to happen … and a year later. 

• Like 1

I think we've run our course on this thread. The original point being that there's been all sorts of things that have been going into the latest update for Cakewalk Sonar, which is currently available through BandLab's Backstage Pass membership. Everything else beyond that has been done to death elsewhere on here. When more details are available about other options get Sonar, we'll let everyone know. Thanks!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Great Idea 1