Rewire in Nu Sonar. Won't Render Audio.

I did an experiment tonight. I rewired Ableton Live 10 into Nu Sonar.

Everything went great. Both programs synced, and I was able to write MIDI in both and route all audio back into Nu Sonar as the host.

Congrats to the devs on keeping Rewire alive. 

My issue:

I did a test to record/bounce the audio from Ableton into Nu Sonar, but couldn't get it to work no matter what settings I tried.

Anyone have any hints on how to bounce audio using Rewire in this situation?

13 hours ago, Resonant Serpent said:

Anyone have any hints on how to bounce audio using Rewire in this situation?

Bounce as in Fast Bounce, a.k.a. Offline Rendering? I don't think Rewire supports that - strictly real time - but it's been a while since I used it.

7 hours ago, David Baay said:

Bounce as in Fast Bounce, a.k.a. Offline Rendering? I don't think Rewire supports that - strictly real time - but it's been a while since I used it.

I tried every combination of setting, with real time being my first choice, but still couldn't get the audio to print. 

23 hours ago, David Baay said:

I just pulled up an old pre-CbB project in Sonar that's rewired to Notion, and it records audio from a piano score driving a VSTi in Notion as expected.

Would you mind telling me what setting you used to get this result? 

No setting, especially, just Insert > Rewire Device  > Notion, and choose to create the First Synth Audio Output. Then arm the track and record. If you can hear it playing, recording audio should work like any other synth. The only thing I can think is maybe you inserted it as a Simple Insturment track so the arming button  is to record MIDI input, not audio. In that case, you either need to split the Instrument track and arm the Synth track or arm the audio side of the Insrument track via the Audio tab at the bottom of the Track Inspector. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Resonant Serpent said:

This works! Incredible that I can have rewire running Sonar and Ableton Live together in 2024. 

...for at least a while longer. One by one, programs are removing ReWire capabilities. And while this doesn't matter for Sonar, there will likely never be ReWire on Apple Silicon, and I doubt libraries will be created for Windows ARM. So, enjoy it while you can.

The original spec was by Propellerheads in collaboration with Steinberg. I wish Reason Studios would release the code into the public domain and make it open source. Then, maybe some enterprising coder could keep ReWire alive.