iZotope Music Production Suite 6.5 Upgrade from MPS 6 for $83.16

ralfrobert

I have the Izotope Music Production suite 6.5, and curiously when I look at Izotope's website, the product bundle lists "RX11 Standard" as part of the bundle.  

But RX 11 Standard doesn't show up in my Izotope Product Portal.  Izotope customer service responded very quickly and suggested I delete all cookies associated with the Portal.  That didn't change anything.  I am thinking the Portal maybe a bit behind the times.  

Izotope MPS 6-5 list May 15 2024.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I must admit. I’ve lost track of the dizzying array of Izotope bundle and product updates. What does 6.5 have that 6 didn’t have?

RX 11 Standard upgrade from RX10 Standard in 6

• Like 2

A slight warning: it looks like the iZotope Everything Bundle v15 doesn't include the newer stuff. According to the description, it contains MPS 5 and Ozone/RX 10 (and of course the other titles).

37 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I must admit. I’ve lost track of the dizzying array of Izotope bundle and product updates. 

7 minutes ago, antler said:

A slight warning: it looks like the iZotope Everything Bundle v15 doesn't include the newer stuff. According to the description, it contains MPS 5 and Ozone/RX 10 (and of course the other titles).

And there you have it.

I just opted to go with PPS 8 upgrade since from what I can tell my previous purchase of the Everything Bundle plus MPS 6,  this make me current on all products including the Advanced versions.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

Izotope + IKM = mass chaos and confusion of version upgrades and installs.

+1

I never have gotten Native Access to work again after the last updates.  It just sits and spins. 

6 hours ago, balinas said:

I have the Izotope Music Production suite 6.5, and curiously when I look at Izotope's website, the product bundle lists "RX11 Standard" as part of the bundle.  

But RX 11 Standard doesn't show up in my Izotope Product Portal.  Izotope customer service responded very quickly and suggested I delete all cookies associated with the Portal.  That didn't change anything.  I am thinking the Portal maybe a bit behind the times.  

Izotope MPS 6-5 list May 15 2024.png

Same here. It also says this in my Account, but not on the Portal.

image.thumb.png.771671cd79a4913be2b4c5dd75c9e8db.png

Native Access has become totally unreliable for me. However , occasionally , when the moon is in the 7th house  and Jupiter aligned with Mars, I can download my updates . The next day, of course, the dreaded spinning wheel returns.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I must admit. I’ve lost track of the dizzying array of Izotope bundle and product updates. What does 6.5 have that 6 didn’t have?

wanting more of your money

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Haha 2

I have MPS 5, and I'm not sure I can see much that MPS 6.5 updates save for RX.

Shine some light?

Of course, if you're into iZotope, that plus more licenses for Stratus and Symphony are worth it.

I glitched in on that $149 thing late last year, and I have to confess, most of it has just sat there while I've used my MeldaProduction and Plugin Alliance FX.

Don't get me wrong, not a bit of buyer's remorse; having the whole MPS shebang, even laying in wait, is something I'd not have dreamed possible a year ago.

It's my woodworking tools analogy: my Hitachi miter saw can sit for years without being touched, but when I need it, it pays for itself every time.

• Like 4

Izotope accounts have been super confusing the past past couple of years.  Even now, the description in my MPS lists that RX11 is included in 6.5 ( why list what's in 6.5 in 6.0 description?)  I went and ordered at this price strictly in hopes that it utilizes ARA better.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I’m not overly impressed with what RX11 offers over RX10. In all likelihood, I’ll skip this cycle.

They milk the hell out of these minor updates, as well the as advanced features. The fact that you have to pay a bunch extra for "multiband' is hilarious. And that some of these plugins are on version 11 is also hilarious. Cubase came during World War II and is only on Version 13. Pro-Q 3 has been out for over 5 years, with multiple significant improvements. Hell, an instrument as complex / sophisticated as Omnisphere has been on Version 2 for 9 YEARS with enormous improvements and entirely new major features since its release...all for free.

Izotope make a few great products - it's unfortunate the company is run by the marketing department.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, CSistine said:

I wonder if it's possible to sell the none-iZotope stuff that you get? Because if you purchase the update, you have a lot of doubles!

Does anyone know?

Yes, you can. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2024 at 9:48 PM, mibby said:

Same here. It also says this in my Account, but not on the Portal.

image.thumb.png.771671cd79a4913be2b4c5dd75c9e8db.png

This is what I just got from Izotope:

"Hi Bart,  
Thanks for your message.  
RX 11 was not released when you purchased the suite therefore it is not included in your bundle.  
Please let me know if you have any further issues or questions.

Cliona @ NI"

While I don't disagree with this response on one hand, one the other, this is just another screwed marketing blunder on Izotope's part.  I think I will just stick with RX10 for a while.  

• Sad 3

56 minutes ago, balinas said:

This is what I just got from Izotope:

"Hi Bart,  
Thanks for your message.  
RX 11 was not released when you purchased the suite therefore it is not included in your bundle.  
Please let me know if you have any further issues or questions.

Cliona @ NI"

While I don't disagree with this response on one hand, one the other, this is just another screwed marketing blunder on Izotope's part.  I think I will just stick with RX10 for a while.  

There's the downside.  Izotope would have done that before.

• Sad 1

I tempted my fate just to regret now the purchase!

Waisted hours! First so much trouble with the Product Portal and then the offline activation for my 2nd computer failed also! I don't know what I have done wrong (it's really not the 1st offline activation that I did with them)! I had to activate it onto my iLok, now at least it runs!

• Sad 1