There goes the neighborhood...

Posted (edited)

hey! it's $29, so it's not like everyone will be able to buy it, so there is still time to make your mark on the cinematic world ? 

plus, it doesn't seem capable of making happy or hopeful atmospheric noises... LOL ?  so, maybe 50% of your career is still viable until version 2 comes out...

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

All they need to do is add the happiness knob. Turn left for minor keys turn far left for chaotic nonsense. Middle for a major minor balance. Turn right for happy more right for giggley then far right for  ecstasy.  Turn it off for piece and quiet lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen a few AI music generating Vst's come out lately.  They've really been  jumping since 2023. Dawsome "Love" is a pretty cool one to add to a basic boring synth line for granular enhancement . 

Scaper has seemed to take it further. 

I do think it would be a pretty goood tool for adding some synth type backing (for those of us not so proficient at synth work) using a the basic song guitar vibe to build the backing .

I think they're still a good ways from "out doing" a Real soundscape producer. But .. I do think the producers with their exceptional skills could take some of these programs to a different level.    We haven't seen anything yet ..     

• 2 weeks later...

No more than iZotope Ozone put mastering engineers out of business.

Just go John Henry on it. In creative pursuits, the machine can always be beaten.

If what you've been doing can be bested by an algorithm, maybe it's time to change up what you're doing?

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

No more than iZotope Ozone put mastering engineers out of business.

In the hand of a neophyte amateur, all-in-one mastering solutions are a fine tool, but in my market and what remains of the professional record genre, if you think that a great mastering engineer the likes of Merrill, Grundman,  Leonard, Kutch, Reierson, et al, are out of business because of a piece of software, you're sadly delusional.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 6:05 PM, OutrageProductions said:

... because of a piece of software, you're sadly delusional.

until they get the bar low enough with most people loving AI "created" content and AI "mastering" it... judgement day is coming! ? (actual some folks having been claiming this already happened due to the 1980's)...