Tone2 Icarus 2 3D Wavetable Synthesizer for $59.60

Larry Shelby

Upgrade

The update to v3.0 is a major update. The upgrade is free for anyone who bought Icarus2 directly from tone2.com after November 2023. All others can upgrade with a big discount.

6 minutes ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

The question is whether or not you would get a v. 3 free upgrade due to the grace period.

That's a really good thought and would be great if it did. I think it was only for people that bought directly from them. The dev seemed annoyed at some places even selling it at some stage because he hadn't authorised them to. I suspect he may have been referring to Best Service reselling them, which makes grace period less likely if that was the case.

30 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That's a really good thought and would be great if it did. I think it was only for people that bought directly from them. The dev seemed annoyed at some places even selling it at some stage because he hadn't authorised them to. I suspect he may have been referring to Best Service reselling them, which makes grace period less likely if that was the case.

Here's a FAQ from kvraudio.com:

"Is the upgrade free?
The update to v3.0 is a major update. The upgrade is free for anyone who bought Icarus2 directly from tone2.com after November 2023. All others can upgrade with a big discount."

Looks like the answer is "no."