Freezing a vocal track using TAL Vocoder?

Yeah... Something I haven't tinkered with in a long time.

Today I used the TAL Vocoder to create a track and I'm now trying to freeze it with no luck.

Is there some way to do this? Though not created a a pair of tracks for an instrument, it uses an audio track where the vocoder in inserted and a separate MIDI track to feed the correct pitches to the synth sounds but neither freeze nor bounce to clips (didn't we also have a bounce to tracks? I can't find that))

Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on this? I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Freeze is unlikely to be aware of complex routing, so I'd recommend using Bounce to Track(s) - it can be found under the Track View "Tracks" menu.

Once you've bounced, you can archive the original tracks to free up resources.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

I would tend to just solo it and export as a 48/32 wave file and drag it back to a new track. 
Archive the original so if changes need to be made later. 

Thanks... Easy enough.  You seem to think as I do saving original tracks... I keep all my Melodyne work tracks live and archived while usingcloned rendered copies.... So I can always go back!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Freeze is unlikely to be aware of complex routing, so I'd recommend using Bounce to Track(s) - it can be found under the Track View "Tracks" menu.

Once you've bounced, you can archive the original tracks to free up resources.

Thanks Mark!

Ahhh!

Thank you thank you! I forgot to look there. I remembered having bounce to tracks but couldn't remember where it was!

I'm gonna try this now...

So far not working. It is only bouncing the audio... I'm gonna check my settings more and try again...

Success! yes!

Second try.... Simply didn't have track fx selected...

Nice! Thanks Mark!  both for the excellent creative tools work and for reminding me!

Edited by Keni