MIDI option to shorten all notes

Please consider adding a global MIDI option to shorten all midi notes by a few ticks so "note on" and "note off" don't have the same timestamp when the notes are connected. I believe Cubase has this. Those messages having the same timestamp is giving problems with Halion's Megatrig module (used in almost every patch) in the way that connected notes are simply won't sound.

Posted (edited)

Select all notes that you want to effect in either TV or PRV and using the Event Viewer Module [on the Control Bar]; click in the <duration> field and enter 98% (or similar) to shorten all data by a few ticks.

This works well for notes that are quantized and/or justified on the same number so they don't overlap each other.

Edited by OutrageProductions

I do know work arounds but they all are less than optimal when you constantly add/remove notes so you need to keep track of what has already been shortened and what needs to be shortened manually again. I think it's a fair request to be able to separate in time the note on/off messages automatically if needed.

On 5/11/2024 at 5:46 PM, Sergei Pilin said:

I do know work arounds but they all are less than optimal when you constantly add/remove notes so you need to keep track of what has already been shortened and what needs to be shortened manually again. I think it's a fair request to be able to separate in time the note on/off messages automatically if needed.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Deprecated-New-CAL-Script-UNOVERLAPCAL-m3781728.aspx