Automation on GSatPlus not working

I am trying to use the GSatPlus plugin to provide saturation just on the chorus of the song. I have added it to the master bus. The track for the master bus shows the automation for the bypass switch. The master channel is set to read automation as is the plugin itself, but it does not switch the bypass.
I have occasionally seen it switch the bypass on and off but not consistantly and not now I am watching it.

It is very difficult to hear if it switches on and off as it is a subtle effect designed just to lift the chorus so I am relying on watching the UI.

This is the NOGPU version as I do  not have a soundcard (all work being done on a laptop)

Any Advice thanks - If there is a GSatPlus forum I should use please also advise but I come here as I always get good advice.

Does the GSatPlus offer a mix parameter? If it does you could automate the wet/dry of the plugin rather then the on/off. Another thought is to  create an axiliary track and then add a send for each track to the auxiliary track. Then you could automate the volume of the aux track.

Admittedly, those are just work arounds for what you are trying to do. I don't know why the on/off automation would not work.

Yes, there is a Mix knob. Presumably, it can be automated.

It's usually better to bring an effect in and out this way as opposed to bypass, as it avoids artefacts (e.g. clicks) when an effect is abruptly turned on or off.

btw, the "no GPU" version probably isn't necessary on your laptop. You may get more efficient CPU usage with the GPU version. 

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Yes, there is a Mix knob. Presumably, it can be automated.

It's usually better to bring an effect in and out this way as opposed to bypass, as it avoids artefacts (e.g. clicks) when an effect is abruptly turned on or off.

btw, the "no GPU" version probably isn't necessary on your laptop. You may get more efficient CPU usage with the GPU version. 

Thanks, The mix knob works. I will experiment with the GPU version in due course.