APD Deal: MAGIX Music Maker 2024 Premium - 87% Off!

Larry Shelby

Posted (edited)

Granted, it's only $29 US. But just so everyone is aware, Magix recently filed for insolvency, which is the US equivalent of a chapter 11 bankruptcy. It doesn't mean the company is going under. But it does mean there's a strong possibility that it is on the cusp of going under, as it cannot pay its debts.  Consequently, for those considering a big commitment to a Magix / Vegas Pro title, you may want to keep that in mind and consider exploring other options too, as it will likely mean the company will be making changes to its product portfolio and may change directions if it survives this time and discontinue some offerings. 

https://www.cined.com/magix-producer-of-vegas-pro-files-for-insolvency/

Edited by PavlovsCat

For reference, MMM 2024 became available in August 2023. If we assume a yearly release cadence, and that MMM stays afloat, as part of Magix or owned by someone else, buying or upgrading to 2024 now would probably get you 3 months until the upgrade notifications start popping up

Magix tends to change every few weeks both the price and the bundled products. The current one is probably the best it's ever going to get in terms of price. Personally rather than price I prefer waiting until they bundle something I'm interested in. The current bundle is Native Instruments Hybrid Keys & iZotope Ozone 11 Elements, and MMM 2024 premium doesn't give me anything I'd want compared to MMM 2023 Premium+Free MMM 2024. I prefer waiting until they offer a bundle with a few producerplanet vouchers that let me get commercial licenses for soundpools of my choice.

• Great Idea 1

Bought the upgrade.  Spent the loop credits "just in case".  So far it hasn't crashed, which was an issue with my last version.  "AI" generator thing is a hoot.  BTW was able to use the credits for bundles, so more gigs of stuff.

• Like 3