Zero G ?88% OFF Disco Bundle - $35! ?

Larry Shelby

True disco related story [related tangent]...

Remember the days when it was cool for rock fans to hate disco? I admit it -- while I was a huge rock, blues, singer/songwriter, R&B, jazz and classical music fan as a kid I  also liked some disco music -- Chic, Donna Summer, Bee Gees, The Gap Band... But my childhood best friend was a HUGE anti-disco guy. He went to an infamous Chicago anti-disco rally when we were teenagers where they blew up disco records. So a couple of years ago, I put up a post up in Facebook about a hit song from a band one of my childhood drum teachers played with (I think it was a performance on "Soul Train")  -- and it was a disco song. I commented how I really enjoyed the guitar playing on there. So, my old drum teacher, who earned a gold record with this band, comments about playing with the band and the guitarist from the song chimes in and gives some insights on the part based on my praise of the playing -- which I thought was pretty cool. My old friend Dave -- I assume not realizing that these guys were the musicians from the song I shared -- then posts, "Disco sucks!" Priceless. I guess the moral of the story is that my old friends can be kind of savage. But disco didn't suck. The best of it was actually pretty fun music, IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat