"CREEP" Radiohead Cover (remixed)

PavlovsCat

I went back to a song I covered last year, Radiohead's "Creep" and did a remix. I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to mixing or mastering, but I think I'm getting better and everyone's input here has been very helpful.  Most of my motivation to record covers is about doing my own arrangements, which I find really enjoyable. So this is my own spin on the song. Because I've covered a bunch of Beatles stuff, I often get compared with their style and often told my voice has a Lennon quality (I formerly played drums professionally and don't have much of a singing voice, so I am, of course, complimented at the comparison), so I am interested in learning what folks here think.  

All of the instruments you here were sample libraries played via MIDI controllers. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

3 minutes ago, Old Joad said:

Love it, big fan of Radiohead???

Thanks.  Radiohead is one of my all time favorite bands.  Funny though, this has never been one of my favorite Radiohead songs.  I largely covered it because my wife loves it and thought she might appreciate it. I did a cover of a Radiohead song I love that I'm soon going to remix, "Optomistic."

It's a lot of fun to re-arrange Radiohead songs. Their original versions are, of course,  incredibly creative and interesting, which I find is an inspiring starting point. It also influences me to be more experimental in how I approach my version; like how I did the final chorus in this cover. I wanted it to have an eerie quality to it to play off of the lyrics. 

Well done. The final chorus works. The only thing I'd improve is the fuzzed electric guitar on the left channel around 2:20 needs more clarity, as what you play progresses the clarity improves. Maybe play with the EQ, maybe use  3 or 4 strings to sound the chord instead of 5 or 6????

• Thanks 1