APD Deal - Music Box Suite by Frozen Plain

Larry Shelby

I love the sound of a music box and it shows on my hard drive. I just counted and I have 27 different music box sample libraries for KONTAKT and I'm sure I have some in other formats. Yep, I don't just collect large amounts of Wurli, piano, drum and glockenspiel libraries! I love music boxes and metallophones in general. Last week, when a different music box sample library was posted here, someone sarcastically wrote how much the world needs another music box sample library. And for anyone who doesn't understand that remark, it seems that the majority of sample developers have a music box sample library.  

For anyone looking, Waves Factory, SonicCouture, Splash Sound and Echo Soundworks all have free music box sample libraries. I'm certainly not knocking this one. I own a few Frozen Plain sample libraries and they're good. But there is such a wealth of free music box sample libraries out there that are sampled with at least the same level of detail as this one -- and also include creative sound design -- that I would strongly recommend that anyone interested in a music box sample library first try out the free ones and see if one of those work for you. 

I'm sharing a link for SonicCouture's Music Boxes sample library, which works with the FREE KONTAKT Player, because anyone can use it, regardless if they own the full version of KONTAKT or not. 

https://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/p43-music-boxes/ 

Edited by PavlovsCat