Kush: New Plugin plus Black Friday sale

MusicMan

46 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I've been looking for the Omega bundle for quite a while now. Are there any opinions on those?

I've heard great things about them. Normally you can get an extra discount for signing up to their newsletter, but I'm not sure that the newsletter is coming with the discount code at the moment.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

I've been looking for the Omega bundle for quite a while now. Are there any opinions on those?

The bundle is a no brainer if you're looking for different flavors of saturation. I picked up 3 of the individual plugins for $20+ bucks over the years.  Model N is smooth and open, if a little dark. Model TWK sounds fantastic on drums and Model A can be nice to soften guitars, but I don't use this one too much. I don't have Model 458A.  (Strictly opinion! YMMV. :) )

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Twk is the one to get , other are really to colored imho ... might work but twk is imho the best ...

The new LG drive is superb also ....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Novatron and Clariphonic. 

Thanks Fleer and these are pretty much definite now for me after trying them too.

Goldplate has moved to a maybe.. I do like it, but given it's by Relab, I thought I'd try the Relab Essentials and in some settings I think I almost preferred that. I still want to spend some more time with it first though.

I'm also trying the Hammer DSP and thinking of giving Blyss a go as well.

• Like 1

This is the one subscription where I've actually considered because it's so low. Their prices are generally pretty steep so I have never really bought much, but I do have all of the Omegas (now) and the REDDI which is also great.  Now if they had a rent-to-own subscription, it would be pretty much a no-brainer for me.

4 hours ago, mibby said:

This is the one subscription where I've actually considered because it's so low. Their prices are generally pretty steep so I have never really bought much, but I do have all of the Omegas (now) and the REDDI which is also great.  Now if they had a rent-to-own subscription, it would be pretty much a no-brainer for me.

I'm pretty anti subscription, as I like to know that if I want to stop paying, or open a project years down the track I don't need to re subscribe, or pay extra, but their subscription does get some praise.

19 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I'm pretty anti subscription, as I like to know that if I want to stop paying, or open a project years down the track I don't need to re subscribe, or pay extra, but their subscription does get some praise.

Fleer is right ... while i love AR-1 , novatron is imho conjuging saturation and compression styles like a chief !!

AR- 1 is superior in compression , but sat sweat spot is narrowerer ...novatron has this ability to fatten things (thks to it's transient smashin with saturation and sidechain) that is great .

Clariphonic is smooth but very limited and does one things , i do think the HW makes sens but for digital made production , this isn't a tool in the "must have " team ....

Electra eq is imho a better all arounder , but eq wise i would go elsewhere ... if you really need an all around eq .

Goldplate is the one i didn't get , don't know if i even demoed it , already have too many reverbs ...

UBK1 is the precursor and still exellent ( i think novatron was the modern take on it) , Bliss is superb also but limited to one type of job .(it does it well ) 

Don't undersestimate the distressor emulation it has also (Deflector) , if you don't own the IK , check this one out !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Zo said:

Fleer is right ... while i love AR-1 , novatron is imho conjuging saturation and compression styles like a chief !!

AR- 1 is superior in compression , but sat sweat spot is narrowerer ...novatron has this ability to fatten things (thks to it's transient smashin with saturation and sidechain) that is great .

Clariphonic is smooth but very limited and does one things , i do think the HW makes sens but for digital made production , this isn't a tool in the "must have " team ....

Electra eq is imho a better all arounder , but eq wise i would go elsewhere ... if you really need an all around eq .

Goldplate is the one i didn't get , don't know if i even demoed it , already have too many reverbs ...

UBK1 is the precursor and still exellent ( i think novatron was the modern take on it) , Bliss is superb also but limited to one type of job .(it does it well ) 

Don't undersestimate the distressor emulation it has also (Deflector) , if you don't own the IK , check this one out !!!

Thanks Zo, awesome points and very useful!

I do have the IK Distressor, but I had been hearing a few things around their version too. But it seems like everyone is jumping on that bandwagon at the moment, so it might be good to see  some of the newer Distressor clones as well before jumping in. Out of curiosity, how would you rate the IK against this one?

Electra I haven't tried at all, but I'm going to give it a demo just in case.

Out of all your EQ plugins, what would be your top 3 and why? Looking Clariphonic for mastering duties, so in that same kind of area.

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Thanks Zo, awesome points and very useful!

I do have the IK Distressor, but I had been hearing a few things around their version too. But it seems like everyone is jumping on that bandwagon at the moment, so it might be good to see  some of the newer Distressor clones as well before jumping in. Out of curiosity, how would you rate the IK against this one?

Electra I haven't tried at all, but I'm going to give it a demo just in case.

Out of all your EQ plugins, what would be your top 3 and why? Looking Clariphonic for mastering duties, so in that same kind of area.

The ik is exellent , if i had to keep on distressor nativelay , i would go arousor , i m fast on it and it never dissapoint , the uad one is imho the closes to hw ..

Elysia mpressor is the same still of beast and higly capable , anyway the ik is enougth imho ... it solid.  Sounds great and the intereface is way easier on the eyes than kush until greg proposes resize ... in a lot of it s plugins you have big gui small knobs , i do think bliss was the exeption with novatron..

For the eq ...mmm this might be a whole video subject ... the reall question is more what eq for what scenario 

several actegories like chirugical , dynamic , color ect. ...

On 11/24/2022 at 10:14 AM, Zo said:

The ik is exellent , if i had to keep on distressor nativelay , i would go arousor , i m fast on it and it never dissapoint , the uad one is imho the closes to hw ..

Elysia mpressor is the same still of beast and higly capable , anyway the ik is enougth imho ... it solid.  Sounds great and the intereface is way easier on the eyes than kush until greg proposes resize ... in a lot of it s plugins you have big gui small knobs , i do think bliss was the exeption with novatron..

For the eq ...mmm this might be a whole video subject ... the reall question is more what eq for what scenario 

several actegories like chirugical , dynamic , color ect. ...

That's funny you mention mpressor. I always love that and it's like an unsung hero! Although I did go through a project disabling all my plugins trying to track down noise floor and it ended up being that one.. but I normally turn off that in the plugin mostly now and happy days.

I did end up testing the Deflector and it's pretty decent. Definitely not as versatile as the IK, but still quite nice and if I didn't have the IK I'd consider it.

In case it helps anyone else, after testing,  I ended up going with:

• Novatron
    • I actually didn't test this now, as I'd given it a demo previously and decided to buy it. Very versatile as it covers different compressor types.
  • Blyss
    • Wasn't on my list at all. But I love the saturation, and the EQ is quite capable with some light glue from the compressor for good mix.
  • Omega 4 Pack
    • I'd heard great things and I do like these. It made sense to just get them all at that price.
  • Clariphonic
    • I have Maag from PA but this is just nice and add some clarity to the top end effortlessly and opens up a mix.

I skipped these:

• AR-1
    • I actually quite liked this, but it didn't wow me as much. Nice on some material though and if I hadn't bought the others, I may have considered it. It just wasn't unique enough, or add to what I already had.
  • UBK-1
    • I like this one! But it's tiny on screen and no VST3. It's a bit of a shame and maybe an update is in the pipeline, but I had to look at now.
  • Pusher
    • This thing could be fun! But much like UBK-1 it's tiny and no VST3.
  • Goldplate
    • It's a nice plate reverb and I get the praise. It's just too heavy on the CPU and I've got plenty of reverbs. LX480 essentials also had some nice plates and I think I'd upgrade to LX480 full instead. Given Relab is more versatile and they coded it, I think that could be a better option.
  • Silika
    • Oddball compressor, but I can see how this would have some good uses. I just preferred the others I got.
  • Electra DSP and Hammer DSP
    • They're fine.. they just didn't wow me, or be unique enough, so they didn't make the cut.

If you're thinking of any of these, sign up for the newsletter if you haven't purchased them before and you get an extra 20% off. My welcome newsletter didn't include it, but I waited and the next day I got the discount offer ?

• Like 1