Favorite Freeware FX Thread

Spectral Plugins has closed its doors and released its 3 products as freeware.

There's Spacer, a very well-regarded reverb/delay multitool, Pancz, a sound shaper, and OCS-45, a cassette lo-fi processor.

As with any such situation, I suggest acting quickly and saving the downloaders. We don't know how long their site will be up.

Regarding the manuals, they seem to be in .PDF form on their site and open when you click the "?" in the plug-ins' UI's. I suggest opening them, then saving the .PDF's locally. Same reason, no idea how long the site will be up.

You'll notice that they want an email address to download them, saying that it's for their newsletter, but I kinda doubt you'll see much news, since they've gone on to other things.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been slowly running through this thread and attempting to look up system requirements of the different plugins and bundles.

Do any of the freeware effects plugins work on Windows XP machines, Sonar 7?

On 6/19/2024 at 5:43 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Spectral Plugins has closed its doors and released its 3 products as freeware.

There's Spacer, a very well-regarded reverb/delay multitool, Pancz, a sound shaper, and OCS-45, a cassette lo-fi processor.

As with any such situation, I suggest acting quickly and saving the downloaders. We don't know how long their site will be up.

Regarding the manuals, they seem to be in .PDF form on their site and open when you click the "?" in the plug-ins' UI's. I suggest opening them, then saving the .PDF's locally. Same reason, no idea how long the site will be up.

You'll notice that they want an email address to download them, saying that it's for their newsletter, but I kinda doubt you'll see much news, since they've gone on to other things.

Spacer is one of those completely useless-until-it-saves-a-song* plugins in my opinion.  Really powerful but not one to reach for on a daily basis.

* I used it on the most recent track I posted to the Songs forum: 

Edited by Xoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Badtimes Banjo said:

I've been slowly running through this thread and attempting to look up system requirements of the different plugins and bundles.

Do any of the freeware effects plugins work on Windows XP machines, Sonar 7?

Only keep an eye on if they're 32bit or 64bit.

If win xp are 32bit you shouldn't (can't?) use 64bit plugins.

If win xp are 64 bit you can use both 32bit and 64bit plugins.

• Great Idea 1

On 8/1/2024 at 12:28 PM, Kurre said:

Only keep an eye on if they're 32bit or 64bit.

If win xp are 32bit you shouldn't (can't?) use 64bit plugins.

If win xp are 64 bit you can use both 32bit and 64bit plugins.

Thank you! The XP is 32 bit so I decided to mix on a different computer with win 10 and is 64 bit.

Edited by badt1mes
  • Great Idea 1