Black Rooser V-Pre-73HE

Larry Shelby

THE VPRE-73HE IS BACK

...by popular demand, and spookier than ever!

The VPRE-73 Halloween Edition is the dark and mysterious sibling of our beloved VPRE-73 - it will add monster character to your productions, and make your signals scream like never before.

-~= Be very, very afraid!!! =~- 

What’s new?

New CRANK multiplicator, that pushes the gain stages input volume by up to 5 times.

New High-Pass Frequency control to further shape the processed signal.

New Spooky Design.

The VPRE-73 Halloween Edition will be gone in a flash - it's only available until November 1st, then it will be gone forever.

$29

https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/landing/vpre-73-halloween-edition

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

I'm guessing it's not just me that when I see an effect plugin deep discounted and selling for $29 USD, I immediately react by making sure the developer doesn't have a "Update Plan. " 

This is the upside of Waves' deep discounting plugins,  so let's be grateful for that. Plugin and sample developers are one of the few industries in this economy not taking advantage of current trends to inflate pricing. 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm guessing it's not just me that when I see an effect plugin deep discounted and selling for $29 USD, I immediately react by making sure the developer doesn't have a "Update Plan. " 

This is the upside of Waves' deep discounting plugins,  so let's be grateful for that. Plugin and sample developers are one of the few industries in this economy not taking advantage of current trends to inflate pricing. 

$30 for a limited edition plugin they don't think is good enough for sale year round sound like a marketing cash grab ploy to me.

23 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

$30 for a limited edition plugin they don't think is good enough for sale year round sound like a marketing cash grab ploy to me.

I don't know a ton about the plugin, but isn't it just a slight variation on their VPRE-73? But if your rallying against the dev claiming they're making a "marketing cash grab," I'm a marketing and business strategist  (okay, I guess former, I run a business these days), every single promotion a business does could be termed a "cash grab',  that is the objective of a sales promotion. But if the limited edition of that plugin bothers you, they have other plugins on sale that aren't special editions. Maybe you'd prefer the TD-201 Vintage Tape Echo on sale for $29 USD, normally $99 USD?

I'm actually contemplating picking that one up and will probably download a trial of it this weekend. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who owns the TD-201 and compare it to alternatives. The demos sound really good to my ears. 

https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/products/td-201

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't know a ton about the plugin, but isn't it just a slight variation on their VPRE-73? But if your rallying against the dev claiming they're making a "marketing cash grab," I'm a marketing and business strategist  (okay, I guess former, I run a business these days), every single promotion a business does could be termed a "cash grab',  that is the objective of a sales promotion. But if the limited edition of that plugin bothers you, they have other plugins on sale that aren't special editions. Maybe you'd prefer the TD-201 Vintage Tape Echo on sale for $29 USD, normally $99 USD?

I'm actually contemplating picking that one up and will probably download a trial of it this weekend. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who owns the TD-201 and compare it to alternatives. The demos sound really good to my ears. 

https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/products/td-201

I grabed this plus 31 other plugins for a total of $80 last year during the group buy and got an HD2 interface also in the same deal.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trspacedelay/

$30 doesn't sound like the greatest deal to me at the moment.   ?

My previous comment was really more about the fact that $30 on a $99 plugin in most cases these days is an every day sale kind of situation...the norm if you will.  And anything limited edition I'd have to wonder what support is like in 10 years on it.