I'm Not Sure How I Feel...

Byron Dickens

Here is my  MIJ Fender Esquire . I picked her up in 1985 / 86 while I was working on West 48 th street at a music store .

I  KennyFied the looks of my Guitar  ..She is Candy Apple Red , Has Double Binding , A Gibson humbucker in the neck , and I put a Burns inspired pick guard on her .

I wanted jumbo frets so I bought a premium quality neck from Rudy's Music on West 48 Th street .  At the time Rudy told me this quality and brand neck he was selling me  is what he used for his  Pensa-Suhr guitars .Oh Yeah Sold  I bought it . It cost me as much as the guitar and it still plays like butter after all this time ?

960393061_FenderEsquire.thumb.jpg.6cb910a2e5b33dbd5dd6df36e11f2081.jpg

There's more guitars I have from back then I bought new  ...

My 1984 MIJ Tele , An 86 Amercan Standard Strat and my Ibanez Midi guitar ...

I have pics around here someplace I'm just a little bit  Lazy at the moment to hunt them down .

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Here is my  MIJ Fender Esquire . I picked her up in 1985 / 86 while I was working on West 48 th street at a music store .

I  KennyFied the looks of my Guitar  ..She is Candy Apple Red , Has Double Binding , A Gibson humbucker in the neck , and I put a Burns inspired pick guard on her .

I wanted jumbo frets so I bought a premium quality neck from Rudy's Music on West 48 Th street .  At the time Rudy told me this quality and brand neck he was selling me  is what he used for his  Pensa-Suhr guitars .Oh Yeah Sold  I bought it . It cost me as much as the guitar and it still plays like butter after all this time ?

There's more guitars I have from back then I bought new  ...

My 1984 MIJ Tele , An 86 Amercan Standard Strat and my Ibanez Midi guitar ...

I have pics around here someplace I'm just a little bit  Lazy at the moment to hunt them down .

all the best,

Kenny

Awesome Tele !!  

my Squier is under construction, should be ready somewhere 2022...will post :)  

• Like 1

For me it was a Jupiter 6. It cost more than my first band van. Still does today at current prices. I sold it along with a Juno 106, a Yamaha TG-33, Roland drum machine and a Pioneer reel-to-reel for $1,000 in the 90's. I can live with that today because I still remember the grins on the faces of the four young fellows, an aspiring band, who hauled it all away. 

4 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

did that with a SH-101 ?

Your lucky , at least you got something for it . I had an SH-101 that I loved . Even a non keyboard player like me could coax great synth sounds out of it .

While living in NYC I went on an afternoon  walk at the park with with my dog . When I got back home something didn't  feel right too me . Sure enough I walked around noticed my closet door was open and my leather jacket was missing . Then I walked into my music room / bedroom and saw my dual cassette deck and my SH-101 was missing ...

I lived on the fourth floor  . The thieves  must have gotten up on the roof  and climbed down the fire escape into my bedroom window  ...

Oh man that one stung ....A year later I rescued a 2 year old female Pit Bull named Sambuca. So now I had a German Shepherd mix named Rex hanging out inside my apt . A two year old Pit Bull that loved crashing out on my fourth floor fire escape and guess what ...  I never closed my bed room window  again...

Then I bred her with a  full breed Dogo Argentino . She had 7 puppy s while I still lived at the same apt ...SO there I was with 8 Pit Bulls and a mixed German Shepherd...  

It took a while to find homes for the 7 puppy's so people would get to see some of the dogs hanging out on the fire escape trying to escape the heat during the hot humid summer months of July and August . They just shook their heads when they looked up at my pad. Nobody ever broke in again ?

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz