Soundpaint Warm Vintage Wurly

Larry Shelby

It sounds decent. We owned one of these -- as well as a Leslie speaker-- when I  was a kid, so they have a special place on my heart.

On another level, they're promoting their multisamples as "real-time samples " and claiming a trademark right on the term. First, as any trademark attorney will tell you on an initial consultation,  you can't trademark descriptive terms. Even if you did somehow get it registered,  it cannot be defended. Second, I don't see how it could be defended using logic. The copy reads that this uses library uses  "real-time samples" with a TM next to the phrase???? I didn't realize that other multisample libraries were violating the spacetime continuum. On yet another level, it's hard to buy that a developer that uses such hype in their promotional  copy could resist doing a sale at some point. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

4 hours ago, Paul Young said:

It's probably  fake product.  For Soundpaint it should be 9gb.

I know, right?! I did get a sense of scam from the deceptive description. Only 3.12GB for a Soundpaint library... Huh, would you believe it! ? 

Unless there was a typo and it should be 31.2GB :D:D 

Edited by chris.r

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

How are you guys liking the Sounpaint engine? Haven’t made the jump yet. 

It's alright, although I only have their two freebies. The piano is nice and has a bunch of nice patches that layer it with other sounds, but I wouldn't consider it equal to the better KONTAKT piano libraries I own -- now I can't say if that is due to the piano library and the scripting or their engine. But I'm glad I have the piano library. I made eventually pick up another of their piano libraries or ones that don't require sophisticated scripting (which is something 8Dio has a reputation for being poor with, and my experience is that the reputation is well earned; their string libraries especially are not well scripted but tend to be minimally scripted with a massive dump of individual articulations; I've found other KONTAKT developers, most recently Fluffy Audio, produce much more playable and intuitive scripted instruments; maybe that will change with SoundPaint, but I'll wait until I start hearing that a bit before spending cash).