Madrona Labs Thank You Sale

Larry Shelby

From now until December 15, all our software is 30% off. Thanks for helping us navigate 2021, another interesting year.

There's no code to enter for the sale this time. A code is kind of fun. But on the other hand there are always some people who don't realize there's a code, or have trouble entering it, etc. So, the discounts are now getting applied automatically at checkout until the sale ends.

Also, we've added more ways to pay on the site. You can now choose Euros instead of USD at checkout. This opens up a range of payment options people have been asking for, especially where credit cards are not as common. These include SOFORT, giropay, SEPA Direct Debut, iDeal, Bancontact, Przelewy24, and EPS.

https://madronalabs.com/?locale=us

Sumu preview

In the same way that Kaivo brought two different and compatible kinds of synthesis together, combining granular synthesis with physical modeling, Sumu combines advanced additive synthesis with FM. Since it's been in the works for a long time, and is now nearing completion, I broke with my normal way of doing things and put out a detailed preview on the web site. Check it out! 

https://madronalabs.com/topics/8469-sumu-preview

Aaltoverb 2 public beta

Sumu's design combines a lot of animated displays, as well as a new popup menu system that I had wanted to add for a long time. The graphics / UI framework that I was previously using was a big help in getting Aalto and friends written but didn't have the speed to support the new designs, so I dove in and wrote one from scratch. This new UI kit runs entirely on the GPU using OpenGL and Apple's Metal framework. It's exciting to see it bringing the new designs to life. You can see a movie of some of the new menus here [instagram.com], that I now have running in Aaltoverb.

Version 2 of Aaltoverb will be a free update.