Waves Sibilance For free

Frank

On 9/30/2021 at 4:46 PM, bitflipper said:

If I want a delay, I buy a "Delay". If I want a reverb I buy a "Reverb". Perhaps the product would be more popular if it wasn't named "Sibilance".

Which, not to brag or anything but I already get for free. Came with the microphone.

On the same note, being a marketing professional, I was always amused that there are products called "dandruff shampoo" and "diarrhea medication" and would side with the folks selling "anti-dandruff shampoo" and "anti-diarrhea medication." Even more, when you see these products with opposite names sitting on a shelf next to each other, you have to ask yourself, why wouldn't that be enough to persuade the makers of a product descriptively called something like "dandruff shampoo" revise its descriptive name to anti-dandruff shampoo? And yet, it clearly isn't enough. Just something to think about next time you go to the store. 

45 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

On the same note, being a marketing professional, I was always amused that there are products called "dandruff shampoo" and "diarrhea medication" and would side with the folks selling "anti-dandruff shampoo" and "anti-diarrhea medication."

I suppose in one case it's being descriptive of the product (e.g. anti-dandruff shampoo) and the other describes the target that the product aims to reduce (e.g. dandruff shampoo).

The marketing line that I saw once and always thought was silly was for a cloth that soaks up water like a magnet: a magnet is a block of non-porous metal; it's the last thing you'd want if you needed to clear up a spillage!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Waves needs your help, antler.

How would you fill in the blank - "crushes sibilance like ________"?

hmm... something crushy, not at all suitable/useful/applicable for sibilance, but yet offering fine control of how much to crush, and a good metaphor... crushes sibilance like a vice/vise*

* regional spelling variations may apply