How do I find my Spitfire Audio plugin?

Every time you download and install a LAB, by default the samples go to the LABS folder that you established the first time you installed a LAB.  The vstis go to the folders you have established through the Spitfire Audio app Settings section. All of your installed LABS will all appear in the LABS plugin. You need to load a separate instance of the LABS plugin for each LAB that you want in your project.

Just to make things more complicated, a bug in the SA app may show that you have not installed a LAB, when in fact you have. Basically, if you install a LAB and can see it in CbB, that's all that matters.

• 4 weeks later...

In the mid-2000s I used Cakewalk Home Studio 2004XL so am a novice to CbB, but I took pieces of everything  I've read on this thread and got mine to show up/work within CbB.   This goes for another plugin I loaded as well.   I added Spitfire in the VST section under the Properties tab.   I went in and did that last night, but it still didn't show up in CbB so I took the next step today.  When I did the original download, I chose the path as C drive then Programs, then Cakewalk, then VST plugins and installed them there.  Seeing that that didn't work, I took advice from here and did a copy or cut then pasted the Spitfire file into the Steinberg under VST plugins folder and they showed up after that however LABS didn't show up in "uncategorized" like other ones.  It was under the "sampler" tab.  I opened, but that didn't bring much up until I clicked the "star" on the gray page for the ones I wanted to load.   After I did that, it loaded and was ready to go.   Thanks to everyone who had input that helped me because I was having the same problem as the OP.      

Edited by Michael Bauer

• 2 years later...

i couldn't get the VST3 version working on Sonar or the newest CbB. disabling the VST3 version (and setting the preferences to not substitute VST3 for VST2) i was able to see and use the VST2 version.

image.png.c98afbb6a4f612c5477d6a7b5d6c54b2.png

note: i do see an error in the VST scan log.

VSTSCAN: ---- 299: c:\program files\common files\vst3\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3 ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\vst3\BBCSYM~1.VST\Contents\X86_64~1\BBCSYM~1.VST
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/common files/vst3/BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3/Contents/x86_64-win/BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3
VSTSCAN: ---- Loading VST plugin c:\program files\common files\vst3\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3 ----
VSTSCAN: VST plugin successfully scanned
VSTSCAN: WRITE VST DATA...
VSTSCAN: WRITE VST DATA - successfully wrote complete VST plugin inventory record...

and then:

VSTSCAN: ---- 521: c:\program files\common files\vst3\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3 ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\vst3\BBCSYM~1.VST
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/common files/vst3/BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3
VSTSCAN: ---- Loading VST plugin c:\program files\common files\vst3\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3 ----
hPlugin is NULL, plugin failed to load with error 5, Access is denied.

VSTSCAN: NOT a VST plugin

not sure what the access denied is because i have permissions for me as well as the library, and the VST2 works fine. even taking the .vst3 off the directory does not change the error.

for Sonar - which wasn't showing the VST2 initially, i changed the extension on the .vst3 DLL to ".x" and after a rescan the VST3 is no longer in my list, so now the VST2 shows up.

you'll find the VST3 in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and open the BBC folder all the way down to the DLL itself. you might be prompted for permission to change the extension.

the reason i "rem" out the VST3 DLL is so i can restore it easily by adding the extension back...

On 7/14/2024 at 3:36 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

for Sonar - which wasn't showing the VST2 initially, i changed the extension on the .vst3 DLL to ".x" and after a rescan the VST3 is no longer in my list, so now the VST2 shows up.

you'll find the VST3 in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and open the BBC folder all the way down to the DLL itself. you might be prompted for permission to change the extension.

the reason i "rem" out the VST3 DLL is so i can restore it easily by adding the extension back...

Thank you,
 I think I could slove this Problem.