No longer able to drag audio files into a calkwalk track

Yesterday my Calkwalk got updated to latest 27.04.0.144 and now I can no longer drag and drop an MP3 or any other audio format file into a track.   Now I have to go to the track menu and "import audio".     Is this a feature/bug with Calkwalk or some setting I accidentally set?  Or something else entirely and just a coincidence that it happened at same time as the Calkwalk upgrade?

Now when I drag an audio file to a track, it shows a circle with a slash thru it.     However I can grab audio from one track and drag it to another track without any issue.  It's only when I grab audio from outside Calkewalk and try to drag it into Cakewalk.   I've been dragging audio into Calkwalk for years without any issue and this is something new.

Running as admin, it will do that (ie. expected) so I wondered if that was happening/had changed.  I just checked and (I know, it doesn't help you) it works here with the later .155 build, so it's not fundamentally broken anyway.  Sorry - no other ideas though (well, reboot?).