Nova Sound Free Sax!

Larry Shelby

I watched the video on the page hoping to, y'know, hear how it sounded, but it's a couple of guys sitting in a studio chatting with each other about one of the guys' careers. I'm not sure how this relates to the product as the interviewer doesn't introduce their roles. Best guess is that the musician, a sax player,  was recorded for the library and the other guy is the developer? It's an interesting enough interview, but I don't know for sure why it's on the product page.

Made me want to check out what they came up with, though, so I guess it worked.?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I watched the video on the page hoping to, y'know, hear how it sounded, but it's a couple of guys sitting in a studio chatting with each other about one of the guys' careers. I'm not sure how this relates to the product as the interviewer doesn't introduce their roles. Best guess is that the musician, a sax player,  was recorded for the library and the other guy is the developer? It's an interesting enough interview, but I don't know for sure why it's on the product page.

Made me want to check out what they came up with, though, so I guess it worked.?

Maybe they took a page out of the Melda/Babelson/Freakshow Industried book. The latter is special because you cannot tell what their plugins do, thanks to the hilarious product pages and demo videos.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I thought the same plus I couldn't figure out what format(s) they offer this free one in.  Might be cool, but pretty poor website presentaiton of the product.

20 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I thought the same plus I couldn't figure out what format(s) they offer this free one in.  Might be cool, but pretty poor website presentaiton of the product.

It looks like it's just a bunch of loose samples with no sampler format or anything as I open it in Wavelab here. Not surprised the marketing was fairly weak.

12 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Maybe they took a page out of the Melda/Babelson/Freakshow Industried book.

Yeah, Freakshow live up to the promise of the name, or at least their promo videos do. They remind me of stuff that used to get on public access very late into the morning in Los Angeles.

Meldaproduction, sure, on a product page for MWaveformTwiddlerMB, they'd link to a video about how to set up "multiparameters" in a compressor and you'd never find out about the features of MWaveformTwiddlerMB, or even what a "waveform twiddler" is supposed to do, only that it has the most advanced UI on the planet and more features and control than any other, plus it's "multiband."