Output Exhale

Larry Shelby

If they have a demo try it before you buy it.

If I could get my money back...boy would I.

I agree with the review off Sweetwater."  (sorry to hate on it, but this is how I feel.)  For the price, well, make sure you try the demo, if they even have one.  I remember Fleer  saying he endorsed it,

but I bought it way before that   I can't confirm the apple knock, cause I don't do apple.  As far as being unusable, I guess that is up to the buyer.  It does get many positive reviews if you want to check the link below. If you love it, good on you.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EXHALE--output-exhale-modern-vocal-engine/reviews

The review I agree with the most is cut and paste below.

"Ok, look. I have been a Sound Designer & Ambient, Dream Pop, Ethereal composer for decades and still use & love my S&S gear from the 90's.
claim.
... Not impressed by one single preset whatsoever.... Very unusable and uninspiring & that includes all the available expansions I bought. I'm trying to be civil in this review. It's also a total RAM & CPU Hog! It makes you load the entire library & you are forced to pick your presets from its UI. You can't get creative with this, nor can you easily load your own samples to make it so much more usable... Great concept, horrible samples & "sound design". Would've been better with a few impressive presets for which you load your own samples & create something meaningful ... There is absolutely NO emotion to this library whatsoever! I do in fact work with some "big name" female vocalist & have created impressive Kontakt vocal libraries with beautiful snipets from takes using Melodyne...

It's absolutely NO competition to Omnisphere & Blessed Alchemy & the third party "Dream Voices" expansion, which sadly, are no longer available for purchase. Thank Apple for that...

What a screaming shame I can't return it!!!
if you are a true Ambient composer... Avoid!

IMHO all this is good for are momentary vocal sound effects... Perhaps for video games or the like. Horrible stock presets... My fully expanded JV-2080 is light years ahead of this. There are plenty of Kontakt vocal libraries, more or less expensive & sometimes free that blow this library clean out of the water & Don't hog your RAM & CPU!
The way in which this was created make it very "Apple locked down". I was annoyed, initially that you can't get to the .WAV files to improve them with say, Melodyne. Which is a FANTASTIC tool for creating your own vocal libraries & each note not playing faster or slower per key...

This is a lazy creation to be blunt & perhaps, brutally honest.

Seriously? Avoid!

Learn from my lesson...."

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Thanks 1