Lighthouse (for my Mom)

Johnbee58

I hope you all had a great Christmas and that Santa brought you all the musical toys you wanted.  I'm taking a break from my diet and indulging myself with all the goodies and sweets that come with this season.  I just hope I don't wind up in a diabetic coma.??

I've been reworking on a project I created 3 years ago for my Mom who I lost in late 2015.  I really didn't want to remix it per se but I wanted to convert the project from a hybrid (audio & MIDI tracks combined) to all audio WAVs.  I took up the practice of doing this on all projects but hadn't adopted it yet in early 2016 when I created this, so it did turn out to be a small remix but is still very close to the original.

I call this piece "Lighthouse" because that's how I remember my Mom.  She always had my back no matter what kind of mess I found myself in and she never failed to bring me peace whenever my nerves were frazzled about something.

I may have posted this when it was new in early 2016 but I don't remember, so I'll present this as my first offering to the new forum.  My apologies for the instruments not sounding "real".  I did the best I could with what I had.  I know you're all musicians enough to fill in any blank spaces with your imaginations.

?John B.

https://johnbowen.bandcamp.com/track/lighthouse

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Your mother would be proud of this.  You have a way with melodies that stay with you for awhile.  Keep up the good work, John!

I'm sure she would've loved it.  She was probably my biggest fan. 

Thanks, Lynn!

?

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Cool, nice playing, and neat use of woodwinds(?)

Just very nice use of instruments that I don't hear often in my world.

excellent piece

you should make a video collage with this, to share with the rest of your family.

Thanks Jessie.  Truth is there isn't much of my family left.

?JB