Steinberg drops support for certain products

Larry Shelby

My experience of Steinberg support (many moons ago).......

Me: Every time I press a key, any key, the program (Cubase Jr version of the day) crashes.

SB: We don't know what is causing that.

Me: So what now?

SB: There is nothing more we can say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I have only had bad experiences with their product portal and website. Dowloaded various demo packages during the last days of SPLAT. Cubase was one of the DAWs I tried to demo. Used the obligatory download software, but could never authorize the software or get anything to work.  Everytime I updated anything on their website it threw out error messages. In the end, I expunged everything from my PC, which is a shame, as I really wanted to like Halion....but I could never get it to work.

56 minutes ago, paulo said:

My experience of Steinberg support (many moons ago).......

Me: Every time I press a key, any key, the program (Cubase Jr version of the day) crashes.

SB: We don't know what is causing that.

Me: So what now?

SB: There is nothing more we can say.

you were lucky to get a reply ! :)

I just assumed that steinberg support don't actually exist in any real sense...they are more of a metaphysical idea ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, simon said:

you were lucky to get a reply ! :)

I just assumed that steinberg support don't actually exist in any real sense...they are more of a metaphysical idea ?

There is that. Perhaps they put themselves out more for noobs??

I have had long waits with Steinberg support in the past, but a support issue I had with the recent Cubase11 rollout was answered in 4 days. Might be a record. 

After the last update, the Steinberg Download assistant is working (for me on my machine) as expected. For a while it wasn’t working at all. 

• Like 2

I haven't contacted their tech support but I have had to contact Steinberg Sales support and they did solve the problem I had, reasonably well (after purchasing a HALion crossgrade when it was on sale, the crossgrade verification took too long and I ended up being charged full price. The support rep asked me to pay full and he would then issue a partial refund to bring it back to sale price. Paying full and waiting was a little unnerving but the refund did come through a couple of days later and it all ended well)

• Like 1