Ableton Live 10 Lite FREE

Abstract

14 hours ago, abacab said:

....the best thing about DAW popularity is the number of quality tutorials and dedicated hardware controllers that seems to follow the market share...

Unfortunately true, and really the only drawback I see to the BandLab lean and mean development freeware era. There is no longer a Cakewalk, Inc. with a staff of people to handle bundling deals with hardware and software companies, as well as doing things like encouraging use in educational institutions.

Not that I would want it to go back, but it is a negative side to SONAR withdrawing from the payware world. We'll always think that BandLab could be doing more to push our favorite DAW, but that just doesn't seem to be their style. I'm happy that it even exists and is being developed with greater attention to excellence.

Every time I work in another of the DAW's I have (Mixcraft, Reason, Logic Pro X, Garageband, and now Ableton Live), I appreciate what a good thing we have in Cakewalk. I get exasperated by things like the kluge-a-rama that is setting up drum maps, but it's a....cakewalk compared to the klutziness of trying to make a comp track in Ableton Live, and the last time I tried Logic, it locked up trying to load a Meldaproduction plug-in.