Musiclab RealGuitar

Larry Shelby

I've always liked using RealGuitar, the acoustic model is the only one I use.  This is such a realistic sample-based virtual instrument I've been using it since version 2.   My Guitar playing hasn't gotten any better, however, with RealGuitar you can't tell  I'm just using Midi patterns.?

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

I've always liked using RealGuitar, the acoustic model is the only one I use.  This is such a realistic sample-based virtual instrument I've been using it since version 2.   My Guitar playing hasn't gotten any better, however, with RealGuitar you can't tell  I'm just using Midi patterns.?

I think for v6 they need to do something to make the UI better. I don't really like the v5 black and white treatment. Maybe it was just a cunning plan to ensure people will upgrade again to 6 just to get rid of the gloomy UI.

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 12:02 PM, paulo said:

I think for v6 they need to do something to make the UI better. I don't really like the v5 black and white treatment. Maybe it was just a cunning plan to ensure people will upgrade again to 6 just to get rid of the gloomy UI.

When I use Real Guitar 5, I don't see white and black, I see a natural wood guitar with a brown background.  Are you talking about the area below the guitar?

image.png.9e323c0226c0e07e464798e0b00a5cb1.png

2 hours ago, jesse g said:

When I use Real Guitar 5, I don't see white and black, I see a natural wood guitar with a brown background.  Are you talking about the area below the guitar?

image.png.9e323c0226c0e07e464798e0b00a5cb1.png

Mine looks like this....

th?id=OIP.dEcpPmtKb7TFjwrw6HTtWgHaF5%26p

17 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

Hm. Mac vs Windows versions?  I only have 4 and it looks like the colored version on a PC.  Maybe you need to redownload it?

If you don't have v5 then I guess it won't look like v5?

That said, there is 5.1.1 update that I wasn't made aware of so I will d/l that and see what that does.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jesse g said:

Paulo,

Ewwweeee!  That sure is something to complain about. 

Mine is definitely on a PC and I love the look and the sound.

I found a 5.1.1 update that still has the b&w look, but does give an "add colours" option in the settings, so I guess I wasn't the only one that wasn't happy with the dreary look. With that option selected it looks like this..

RealGuitar5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

.....which is better, but still too much grey for my liking. 

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1