CTC- 1 Pro Console Shaper for Studio One

Larry Shelby

There's a few threads on the Presonus forum and some goods videos on Production Expert. It's a little controversial because of some Crosstalk "bugs", but I love the one that comes with Studio One and am thinking really hard about this one. 

My niggling beef is that they have given it away to new users recently and IMHO it should be part of the professional version of the DAW...  (Now get out of my yard you damn kids!  Hrmph! )

=====

Here you go James. As I said, I'm thinking hard about this one - I have it bookmarked.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio-one//6-things-you-should-know-about-the-ctc-1-pro-console-shaper-from-ari-ahrendt

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks mibby - I had read that one when I considered this in the past. I've played around with the stock version that comes with S1 but the Pro version intrigues me. I've tried Slate VCC and Waves NLS and never used either in a project.

I love the idea of real crosstalk, but it just feels like yet another gimmick to be sidetracked by. I'm really liking my current mixing setup and 2bus chain and always want to improve, but I also want to back away from chasing unicorns. :)