Why is Cakewalk by Bandlab free?

synkrotron

5 hours ago, synkrotron said:

On topic please! ?

:D

As someone who willingly paid for Sonar/Cakewalk, the notion of why it is free can only be summed up with words like "miracle" and things of that nature.  

The topic of why hasen't everyone in the Windows DAW world jumped on board?  That at least has a point of discussion.  

22 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

Yeah.  You could invite Meng and Noel and ask them again.? (Not that you'll believe them).

Noel has kindly chipped in here. Perhaps you missed that John.

Reason for moving to the other place is because this post has run its course.

Interesting reading about Mac-vs-PC and the users response to pro solutions, or lack of them

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2019/2/7/pro-tools-users-abandoning-apple-mac-for-microsoft-windows-new-poll-shows-alarming-results

Edit: I realize I should have posted it in the other thread about low latency interfaces but oh well :).

Edited by chris.r

14 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

I have just thought of the perfect way to draw this topic to a close before it gets to page nine:-

Excuse me.  I just put on another pot of coffee and even made some hot chocolate. Now what am I suppose to do??????? :)

• Like 1

Not many people would know what that flower is ? but my dad won awards for his garden and I always search for them when at a public garden. Just something I do. Sorry now I'm way off topic. Maybe that is how Bandlab will keep CbB free. The more we type it gives Cakewalk the energy it needs. Just like in Monsters Inc. Scares and Laughter gave the city energy.

7 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Not many people would know what that flower is ? but my dad won awards for his garden and I always search for them when at a public garden. Just something I do. Sorry now I'm way off topic.

No, no, flowers are good :D

I can't grow 'em though, most stuff I touch in the garden turns brown and crispy :(

So, yeah, talk about flowers :)