SONiVOX Vocalizer Pro

Brian Cadoret

34 minutes ago, Brian Cadoret said:

I got it as part of the AIEP 3 bundle some time ago and if I'm honest wouldn't buy it separately now but I guess it depends on what else you already have.

If I want straight vocoding I usually use Waves Morphoder (currently $29) which I find easier to get the results I want than Vocalizer Pro.
If I want more in-depth vocal effects I will turn to Waves Ovox (only purchased this week but I like what I have tried so far) or iZotope VocalSynth 2.

So if you have any of the above plugins then you probably don't need Vocalizer Pro.

If in doubt you could always try the trial version from here... https://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/vocalizer-pro 

• Like 1

ZT, I remember having some issue getting it to work in CbB (well in Sonar) and gave up on it. Also remember seeing SoniVox's developers didn't want to do anything about it. Did you do anything special to get it to work?  

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

ZT, I remember having some issue getting it to work in CbB (well in Sonar) and gave up on it. Also remember seeing SoniVox's developers didn't want to do anything about it. Did you do anything special to get it to work?  

Hey Mesh, 

From memory I think the issue is that if you just drop it on a vocal track as an effect then you won't hear anything unless you firstly enable MIDI input on it and then set up a separate MIDI track and either play MIDI in via the keyboard or use existing MIDI notes with the output of that track routed to Vocalizer Pro. It never actually crashed for me unlike their Big Bang Percussion (for which there was a workaround).

Compare that to Morphoder/Ovox where you drop it on a track and it defaults to using an internal carrier source so gives an immediate vocoder sound or whatever preset you have selected. You can still route MIDI to it for more note control etc.

• Thanks 1

I picked it up on sale years ago, and it works with Cakewalk. Initial setup in any DAW is a bit fiddly.

The main points to getting it to work are:

1. VocalizerPro is an audio effect.

• The audio input is processed by the effect. In order to hear any audio output, it needs to have notes triggered by a MIDI track. As you play MIDI notes, they open up the signal flow to the  audio output.
  •  If you are processing a recorded audio clip with the VocalizerPro, you will need to have the DAW transport playing back the clip to generate the audio input.

2. You will need a MIDI track (for live playing also with your controller assigned)  routed to VocalizerPro.

So to summarize, one audio track and one MIDI track are required  (this is not an instrument track). VocalizerPro goes into the FX bin of the audio track. The MIDI track output goes to VocalizerPro (be sure "Enable MIDI input" is enabled on the plugin). An audio clip or other audio source needs to be available on the audio track. A MIDI controller or MIDI clip is needed with the MIDI track to trigger notes on VocalizerPro. So audio must be present and MIDI notes trigger the effect. But it will be silent until some MIDI notes are triggered.

It is possible to create some interesting and unique effects with this plugin.

• Thanks 1