Tungsten_Slate (updated 2021.12)

Colin Nicholls

Tungsten Slate

Based on Mercury... psyche!     Based on Tungsten, with perhaps a tip of the hat to Blue Aston (seriously, that blue grey is my favorite color) along with a touch of graph paper and the usual eight tweak points of improvement from the House of Colin (spot them all! No prize!)

Updated 1/15/2021:
Control Bar Select Module for 2021.01

Updated 9/20/2020:
Markers view lock indicator (missed from the 2020.04 update, sorry)

Tungsten_Slate_2020.zip

Updated 4/11/2020:
Image items updated for 2020.04 EA release

Updated 7/05/2021:
Very minor change, Media tab and Track View Menu Bar Background. Hardly worth downloading

Here's a screen shot

Tungsten_Slate_Preview_3-2.png.8953e79989cb3480afa0ce460a530383.png

Updated 1/16/2020:
I've been using this theme for a while and really enjoy it, so I wanted to share the latest changes. Misc tweaks including NOW time position indicator; record arm button images; selected track color, and probably a few other minor things.

Updated 2021.12:   refreshed Folder Archive button

Edited by Colin Nicholls
Version 2021.12
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, MoShuang said:

Hello file does not exist Please update link

MoShuang, the link works for me. Could there be a setting in your browser that doesn't like downloading .sth files? Try a different browser? Alternatively I could attach the theme file directly, but then it is harder for me to keep updated.

5 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

MoShuang, the link works for me. Could there be a setting in your browser that doesn't like downloading .sth files? Try a different browser? Alternatively I could attach the theme file directly, but then it is harder for me to keep updated.

I don't know where there's a problem. The computer and the mobile phone access prompt is 404 - File or directory not found.😵

8 minutes ago, MoShuang said:

I don't know where there's a problem. The computer and the mobile phone access prompt is 404 - File or directory not found.😵

I also got a 404 error. I was able to DL the Themes pdf, not this. Also, I was able to read your blog. 

Do you have an index page with links to various resources?

Edited by User 905133

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 1:32 AM, Colin Nicholls said:

...    Based on Tungsten, with perhaps a tip of the hat to Blue Aston

I'm looking forward to giving this theme a spin.  Back in April 2018 I thought I'd give the Blue Aston theme a go ... I'm still using it.

On 12/28/2019 at 1:32 AM, Colin Nicholls said:

Tungsten Slate

Based on Mercury... psyche!     Based on Tungsten, with perhaps a tip of the hat to Blue Aston (seriously, that blue grey is my favorite color) along with a touch of graph paper and the usual eight tweak points of improvement from the House of Colin (spot them all! No prize!)

I'm really liking this one. Great job. :)

• 3 months later...
On 12/27/2019 at 5:32 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

the usual eight tweak points of improvement from the House of Colin

Do you count the swapping of Instrument and Synth track icons as one or four?

How these got to be the other way round in the stock themes is a source of bafflement to me. Why an icon that pictures both a MIDI symbol and an instrument (keyboard) would not be used for tracks that consist of both a MIDI track and a synth track....it almost seems as if it went out in error, then the documentation was written around it and by the time it could have been amended, it had Just Always Been That Way.

Arghh, don't make me definitively list the eight standard changes I do in each theme because I'm bound to forget some and also I'm not consistent.

But one of theme is definitely swapping the Instrument and Synth Track/Header icons, for the reasons you cited.

Another is to alter the Pre/Post buttons so that they SAY "Pre" and "Post" but i stole that from Steve C in the original Polar Blue.

• 1 month later...