sustain plug

martsave martin s

Here's an excerpt from "Build a 'Virtual Stompbox' Sustainer" in The Huge Book of Cakewalk by BandLab Tips. See page 181 for instructions on creating an FX Chain. Hope this helps...

IhP1VR5.png

Insert the Sonitus compressor into an FX Rack. Here are the compressor’s initial parameter
settings:

Threshold, Attack, and Gain: These don’t matter as we’ll tie these parameters to the
Sustain control.

Ratio: 15.3:1

Knee: 9 dB

Type: Normal

Release: 201 ms

Limiter: On

TCR: Off

Edited by Craig Anderton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Here's an excerpt from "Build a 'Virtual Stompbox' Sustainer" in The Huge Book of Cakewalk by BandLab Tips. See page 181 for instructions on creating an FX Chain. Hope this helps...

Insert the Sonitus compressor into an FX Rack. Here are the compressor’s initial parameter
settings:

Threshold, Attack, and Gain: These don’t matter as we’ll tie these parameters to the
Sustain control. -Ratio: 15.3:1-Knee: 9 dB-Type: Normal-Release: 201 ms-Limiter: On-TCR: Off

I did this for the first time. It went well. Went to the theme forum on the lookout for more fx chain "skins". Didn't see any in the topic names. Any tip on where to look for readymade ones?

On 12/28/2019 at 10:50 AM, Kurre said:

I did this for the first time. It went well. Went to the theme forum on the lookout for more fx chain "skins". Didn't see any in the topic names. Any tip on where to look for readymade ones?

I have a zillion of them, and custom artwork for the knobs and buttons. I've been thinking of putting them all together into a package, and selling them on my craiganderton.com digital storefront for $4.99.

41 minutes ago, Craig Anderton said:

I have a zillion of them, and custom artwork for the knobs and buttons. I've been thinking of putting them all together into a package, and selling them on my craiganderton.com digital storefront for $4.99.

I just started with fx chain. As a person with extreme low income i have to explore all free ways first, like googling and doing my own.

It would take at least 6 months to figure out if paying is the solution. But $4.99 is ok and in my price range. :)

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 1:16 PM, Kurre said:

I just started with fx chain. As a person with extreme low income i have to explore all free ways first, like googling and doing my own.

It would take at least 6 months to figure out if paying is the solution. But $4.99 is ok and in my price range. :)

Anything from Craig is a bargain at any price.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

Anything from Craig is a bargain at any price.

Thanks for the props! One reason I'm doing only eBooks these days is because it keeps the price reasonable. A 411-page, full-color book like the Huge Book of Cakewalk by BandLab Tips would have been totally cost-prohibitive with the traditional publishing model. Even software benefits, because you don't need boxes and distribution media any more...just a place where you can download it. No manufacturing costs, no overstocks, no shipping. 

Many professional musicians aren't rich, and for others, it's a hobby that doesn't justify taking a lot of disposable income. As long as any income from a product can justify the work that goes into creating something, the lower the price for end users, the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1