Track automation: limited to Volume and Pan?

Astral

We been discussing it on KVRaudio in relation to new NI Massive X and Nexus not having MIDI learn, and folks were saying- we supposed to use track automation to automate plugin parameters. I am looking in the cake manual and it says,

"Track Automation. The selected tool operates on track automation envelopes, including ProChannel, Arpeggiator, plug-in parameters and MIDI continuous controllers (CCs). Select the desired automation parameter from the submenu. Color-coded squares and bold text are used to indicate existing envelopes."

I am looking at my track automation and all I see if Volume, Pan, Mute automation and PC parameters. I dont see any other MIDI CC parameters to automate and nothing that can be used for plugins. Am I missing it? Thank you. 

MIDI automation is available on MIDI tracks only. When using an instrument track, it is necessary to split the track to gain access to MIDI automation on the MIDI track. Split and Make Instrument track are on the track view track headers content menu.

Oh, ok- I was clicking on audio track. Thanks! But... How come there only limited number of controllers? I dont know how to post pictures on this forum, so if you dont mind, could you look at the list of controls I am looking for to control new Nexus 3 https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=536574

And look at the picture on 2nd page of this thread- for NI Massive. It shows control assignment in Ripper for Massive. https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=537007&p=7619802#p7619802

image.png.2cf754d734c3fd3ecaa1eeefbd709811.png

Why Cakewalk does not offer option to at least customize controls? 

All of the published  synth parameters, and any effect parameters should be automatable.

First of all, you need to be aware of which track synth/effect parameters are being assigned to.

If you're using a Simple Instrument Track, then all synth/effects parameters are on that track.

For split instrument tracks, it will be whatever you chose in the insert synth dialog:

image.png.427e90fdb4cc1651001536c97fc08224.png

On that track, you'll see the parameters you can control by automation:

image.png.6c28c7fda7ad533b69f8a7b00c0fdfd2.png

Those are still CC controls. Massive needs something else. I have folks on another forum claiming that they solved it. I am not sure how they open this Synth Rack View: I am guessing the 8 knobs of Synth Rack controlling 8 knobs of Macros at the top of the Massive synth. 

image.thumb.png.af563e6f359ee5ce694009f57064b919.png

Edited by Astral

Ok, I see this small icon "Show/Hide controls" but when I click, it comes with empty spaces- no actual knobs there.  Right click and it says "Volume 1- #101

Next line #102- 203...- what are these and how do I tell it to control Massive knobs?