Minimize a synth?

jono grant

41 minutes ago, kevro2000 said:

I wish it would minimize and stay within (visible) the main CW window, rather than get lost somewhere else. If it stays within the proggy, it would be one click to restore back to size.

It's supposed to!! I think it's a bug in one of the updates. What's the point of minimizing if it just flies off somewhere that you can't get at?

Is it a 32 bit plug-in? If so, for those plug-ins to minimize like 64 bit plug-ins use the plug-in header.

The plug-in header is a separate window which opens behind the UI when holding down the ALT+SHIFT while adding the plug-in or opening its UI. To minimize a 32 bit plug-in, close the UI and minimize the plug-in header window. The plug-in header window is also dockable.

12 hours ago, jono grant said:

Actually, it does minimize, but it minimizes behind the cakewalk window so you have to minimize cakewalk and then maximize again to see the syth minimized down on the left.

Is this a bug? 

J

You do know, don't you, that you can simply double-click the particular synth in the synth rack that you are currently using in a project?   That brings it back to life from its "minimized" status.

Your post appears to not be aware of this, but perhaps I'm overlooking something you're inquiring about.

Edited by Toddskins

9 hours ago, Toddskins said:

You do know, don't you, that you can simply double-click the particular synth in the synth rack that you are currently using in a project?   That brings it back to life from its "minimized" status.

Your post appears to not be aware of this, but perhaps I'm overlooking something you're inquiring about.

Yes, I do know that. Just wondering why they are minimizing behind the UI and they didn't used to.

Its not a bug - that's  how floating windows work. It would be far worse if minimized floating windows continued to be visible since they would obscure areas of the app.  This behavior has existed in every version of Cakewalk.
You can either double click on a synth icon to make it visible again or use CTRL-TAB to tab back to a floating synth window and make it visible again.

If you don't want to use floating windows you can also turn it off in the system menu by selecting disable floating. It would be nice if floating windows also appeared in the Windows menu in Cakewalk. We may add that sometime.