PA Biggest Sale Ever!

cclarry

Agreed. Meh.

The only thing I see that I might get is the ADA Flanger. Now for $29. Wonder how many he sold at $149?

Then you also have to wonder why he waited till Christmas Day to have a sale like this? Wt?

And it goes on for a while too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know we've all said this by now, but I don't get the subscription thing. It's marketed as a 'benevolent' way of letting everyone have access to all plugins at a manageable price, but there are services like Splice where people can rent-to-own. Or maybe they've hiked up their prices so much now that nobody in their right mind would pay full price for them, even through rent-to-own.

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Thinking that maybe if we just hpld.off for a week, the vouchers will suddenly and surely come!! Just guessing here.

Vouchers will be back in January I assume, but they usually gave a "special" voucher around holidays...
Just not this time.  They stated up front that there would be no regular vouchers for December

• Like 1

I remember that Larry. I am just speculating. 

My reason being why did they wait till Christmas day to have a big ***** sale? You would think they would do it before everyone spent all thier disposable cash.

However, I am reasoning that they didn't get the sales this holiday season they thought they would, hence the sale we have now. 

So, as I kept reasoning I figured if they didn't get anymore sales from this announced sale, they may give us a "surprise"voucher code.

As I said before, I am just guessing!! And enjoying myself!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

I remember that Larry. I am just speculating. 

My reason being why did they wait till Christmas day to have a big ***** sale? You would think they would do it before everyone spent all thier disposable cash.

However, I am reasoning that they didn't get the sales this holiday season they thought they would, hence the sale we have now. 

So, as I kept reasoning I figured if they didn't get anymore sales from this announced sale, they may give us a "surprise"voucher code.

As I said before, I am just guessing!! And enjoying myself!!

I was thinking that also Grem.  They said no "monthly vouchers" but I figured
that was because they'd have one for the "big sale"....Ehhhhhhhhhh...wrong answer

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Mark my words: There will be a special voucher available to everyone before the end of this sale...

Especially when they will be disappointed with selling results... ;)

Anyway creating another 'copy' of plugin  to sale is a virtual action, no more costs added to already got  so could be better to sell something with lower price and got some money instead of just keeping price high with small sale (because in January maybe another competitor will arrive so no guarantee waiting is good tactics  ;)

Anyway even now we have there some nice deals... I consider great deals ACME Opticom XLA-3 for 29.99$, Grem's mentioned ADA flanger and some others in range 29.99-39.99... Very good plugins for the price.

They probably need to wait till we buy them not to give them as giveaway to too many persons (what is fair they need earn money to make business not just letting get all free or super cheap ;)  So I think such politics is quite reasonable...

I believe they will continue to  calibrate of prices for their deals to maximize selling and attracts new buyers, keeping also subscription  tempting (so balancing not to kill it by too many and too easy deals).

What means anyway we can count on good deal in 2020 just patience is needed... ;)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grem said:

What is this wonderous thing you speak of?

LOL!! : )

Hm, I am not really sure ;) I have heard it is kind of yoga or jedi or something :)  You would need to grab some eternal power or force and focus on universe or so ;)

• Haha 2

I’m not buying from PA at the moment, there’s nothing that catches my eye. Still, the PA “hate” is really interesting. These prices are pretty similar to the old Waves $29 baseline, and there’s no WUP to deal with.

I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot with their back and forth with different deals, sometimes giving vouchers and sometimes not, the subscription pushing and now the minimum purchase amounts on the vouchers.

But strip that away and you’ve got good plugins at prices not dissimilar to Waves, and without the WUP and Waveshell hassles many people complain about.

I wonder what PA will try next?

Edited by Toffo

I'm not buying anything either; I have enough from other plugin companies. I get it: business is business, and every company's trying to make money somehow, but for me I feel a sense of cash-grab/deception/disingenuousness from them. They used to have $29 sales (which I bought into); since their subscription rollout, I've seen the same sales, but for $49. When their ADA flanger first came out, it was priced north of $300; it has since been brought down to a more reasonable price, especially so with their sales, so fair enough I guess.

They try to push their subscriptions as the best deal ever: plugins worth five-figures (I forget exactly how much) for <$100 a month. I guess that is a good deal, but you have nothing once you stop; there are services that let you rent-to-own. And it's not a consumer service like Spotify; these are tools for projects that you create and may rely on.

Opinions of others will probably differ, and I may be in the minority. That said, this is the reason why I will probably (but not necessarily) look elsewhere if I'm looking for new plugins.

• Like 1