FREE Plugin from Boz Digital!

cclarry

15 hours ago, antler said:

Did the whole 432Hz thing start because someone genuinely believed it was better, or was it a joke that lots of people took too seriously?

This video shows that the 432Hz tuning renders tighter structures within the matter, compared to the 440Hz tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zw0uWCNsyw

It does not mean that tighter is always better. If it were so, there would be no winds, rains in Nature and even emotions should be considered unwanted. Fortunately, there's a place for all kinds of vibrations, soothing and distracting.  Use whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Soundwise

54 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

It does not mean than tighter is always better

I hope not; trying to fit into some of my older clothes is far too much effort

55 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

there would be no winds, rains in Nature and even emotions should be considered unwanted

Reminds me of the film Equilibrium

On a more related note (pun unintended), I didn't realise that something like the tonoscope existed. Kinda interesting/cool to see the sand move around according to the note being played. Sort of reminds me of when I studied computer image processing: we passed images through an FFT during convolution to blur images, and they ended up looking like those patterns. I suppose it's the same thing - images are just 2D signals, whereas audio is a 1D signal.

8 hours ago, bitflipper said:

It was started by a bass player.

He just wanted to convince his bandmates that this was how the instrument was supposed to sound. It has to be, because the guy at the music store tuned it for him when he bought it three years ago.

Amazing how one guy's flippancy towards instrument tuning has inspired a whole following to believe things about the frequency of the universe, enjoyed only by those with heighted senses.

8 minutes ago, antler said:

Amazing how one guy's flippancy towards instrument tuning has inspired a whole following to believe things about the frequency of the universe, enjoyed only by those with heighted senses.

We're a planet of lost sheep in search of a shepherd to point the way