Cakewalk only allowing me to view one plugin at a time

jono grant

Cakewalk is only letting me open a single plugin at one time. What the heck is going on? I need to see multiple plugins like always. Is there a setting preventing me from doing this?

I can insert as many as I like but I can only access one at a time.

Please help!

Thanks

From the documentation:

Recycle Plug-In Windows. By default, Cakewalk recycles the currently-open plug-in window when you open a new plug-in UI, and all previously open plug-in windows are closed. This prevents Cakewalk from being filled with numerous open plug-in windows, and you don’t have to manually close plug-in windows that are no longer needed.

If you prefer to always open a separate window for each plug-in, clear the Recycle Plug-In Windows check box.

To toggle the current behavior, hold down the CTRL key when you open a plug-in UI:

If Recycle Plug-In Windows is enabled when you hold down the CTRL key to open a plug-in, all other open plug-in widows also become pinned.

If Recycle Plug-In Windows is disabled when you hold down the CTRL key to open a plug-in, all other open plug-in widows close, and the new plug-in window is unpinned.

You can also pin individual plug-in windows so they remain open when you open another plug-in window. To do so, click the Pin Plug-In Window button  on the plug-in property page.

Pinning windows is the only way you can have multiple plug-in windows open simultaneously.

Note: Plug-ins that are docked in the MultiDock are not affected by the Recycle Plug-In Windows setting. Docked plug-ins are automatically pinned and cannot be unpinned. To dock a plug-in window, hold down the CTRL key and drag the window to the MultiDock.

Note: Plug-in window recycling is disabled when loading projects, which ensures that projects open with all previously open windows.

Bob Bone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1