Bugs and Crashes.

David A. White

First: Where is the proper place to report bugs? 

I am a LONG time user of Sonar/ Cakewalk. I've been working on editing a number of MIDI files and I'm disappointed in Cakewalk's handling of these: 

1. Cut with Delete Hole doesn't work.
  2. Paste with slide over to make room, leaves a gap.
  3. If you Paste with a number of repetitions, the next time you use paste, it uses that number, it doesn't revert to 1 as it should.
  4. If I cut a section from track 1 for example, and then go to paste it, it picks some random track to paste instead of using the track I cut it from. 
  5. Groove clip loops not working at all - CTRL-L does nothing. 

CRASHES! After editing 3 or 4 songs, I get audio engine drop outs and I have to shut down Cakewalk and restart it to resume work. 

CRASHES! A few times I tried to cut and paste an audio loop into a project and I got a message saying "Analyzing Audio" and it just hung and had to be forced to shut down. Why 

Can't play music using another program while editing in Cakewalk. Must shut down Cakewalk. I thought it was supposed to share the audio device. I'm trying to play the audio that I just exported to check it and I can't without shutting down Cakewalk. 

Do not use "Slide Over Old to Make Room" in preferences. It has been a known problem for years use of of the other settings. This and the "Cut with Delete Hole" have been replaced by ripple edit.

I have not been able to reproduce the groove clip issue. Might want to start a ticket with support@cakewalk.com. You are aware CTRL+L does not open a dialog as you reported in another thread. You can change the double-click behavior to open the  Loop Construction View but the default behavior is clip properties.

The "Analyzing Audio" issues sounds like a Melodyne 4.2 bug caused by dropping audio into an instrument or MIDI track.

The old "share driver" setting has been renamed to a more appropriate description "Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk is Not in Focus." If using the same audio interface for Windows and CbB this setting is often not the problem. Instead, Windows and CbB running at different sample rates is the issue.