Solo

RexRed

Here is my new song awesome Cakewalk peeps!

Comments and critiques are welcome. Right now it is a muddy mess (hehe). I just finished getting most of the elements in the song. Now I have to figure out what needs to be turned up, down or traded for better elements.  I will work on it and replace this version with a more well thought out version as I refine the song. Please feel free to give as much commentary as you wish. :)

Enjoy! RexRed

Thanks Martsave, I appreciate the compliment on my style.

I have once again just uploaded a new version of this song and replaced the one that was there.

My reverb was too muddy so I went from reverb to a slapback parallel delay with only a tiny bit of reverb.

This removed a lot of mud and allowed me to fine tune the mix more precisely. 

I am not sure if it is done yet but it is getting there.

I think I know how to use something like, reverb, and then I get a mix where nothing works and suddenly I am back to

YouTube looking at tutorial videos on reverb as if I am a beginner again.

Each song can come with unique needs that keep us on our toes. :) 

• Like 1

You really have been posting some excellent songs.  This one is no exception.  The mix sounds good to me but the harmonies really grab me.  They are excellent as are the lyrics.  The arrangement of the instrumentals really accentuate the lyrics.  The lead breaks add a bit of an edge to the melodies.  I really enjoyed this song.

I like this.  Actually, I think the organ can be deleted.  When it comes in it has an eerie sound that belongs more in a horror movie and not something so soulful as this...it distracts.

Again, you never fail to impress.  Great song and vocals as usual. 😊👍