BandLab will not install Cakewalk, hangs on downloading 0/5

tommy

Question

I installed a new hard and fresh install of Windows 10. Downloaded Bandlab Assistant, and it hangs on downloading. The Band Lab Assistant seems to be very buggy. I cannot download Cakewalk or the virtual instruments. I checked the folders where it downloads and it says the files are corrupt. I deleted those, uninstalled bandlab and reinstalled, and it hangs on downloading 0/5. THis is so frustrating. Why is this bandlab assistant program required if it's free?

2 minutes ago, Wojtek Stecyszyn said:

Maybe i should write earlier that in my case update from the Cakewalk Help manu was not working - "could not check for updates please try again later".  So I had to find a way around. I read on few other threads that other people had similar problem, so I share my solution

There is still no reason to use BA. See 

• Thanks 1

found my solution,

1. uninstall the bandlab and all the add on from cakewalk 

2. go to registry editor and control + f, search "bandlab" and delete all about cakewalk (F3 to auto search in registry editor)
   -for cakewalk make sure you delete everything included folder from the left side of registry editor.
3. then install the bandlab as administrator 
4. then download and install cakewalk without add on
5. after done installing cakewalk, make sure open cakewalk as administrator 

enjoy

Edited by hyder vlad

Bandlab Assistand downloaded all the modules files. Then it ran the installer of theme editor first, then it committed suicide by deleting itself the cakewalk exe file, so the installation for cakewalk did not run. I ran again the installation by redownloading 3 times but everytime did not finalize successfully... very frustrating when you don't have fiber...

Are you guys by chance possibly behind on Windows Update maintenance?  I ask, because some updates, particularly cumulative ones, often need explicit clicking on an Install or Download and Install tab in Windows Update to actually get those to be installed.

If you go into Settings > Update and Security, that puts you into Windows Update, and where you see Check for Updates, if there are such optional updated, you would see them right below the Check for Updates button.

Wondering if that might be causing issues like you guys are experiencing.  It is a quick check, so if it is not the issue, then not much time taken to have checked it out. :)

Bob Bone