BandLab will not install Cakewalk, hangs on downloading 0/5

tommy

Question

I installed a new hard and fresh install of Windows 10. Downloaded Bandlab Assistant, and it hangs on downloading. The Band Lab Assistant seems to be very buggy. I cannot download Cakewalk or the virtual instruments. I checked the folders where it downloads and it says the files are corrupt. I deleted those, uninstalled bandlab and reinstalled, and it hangs on downloading 0/5. THis is so frustrating. Why is this bandlab assistant program required if it's free?

Rightclick Bandlab assistant and use "Run as Administrator".

If you have a led that indicates harddisk activity watch that and wait until the activity stops before you start BA.

The reason i'm saying that is because win10 runs its updates, maintenance and lots of other scheduled stuff and sometimes it affects the user downloads and other user activity.

Those settings about start at inactivity and stop at activity doesn't really work as it ought to on win10.

I am also facing the same problem. I am installing it since more than 15 days. Everyday it shows "downloading 0/1" and never ends. I searched for the files in download folders. the filename is ""Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_26.01.0.28.exe"". Sometimes it downloads 50 mb, sometimes 100+ mb and highest sofar is 380+ mb. But when I click the file to install everytime it says 'error executing program'. I have tried all possibilities. But it is just time waste to struggle with this free download. 

Hi, I am having exact same problems as above,I am completely up to date, with all updates....I

Is it just because it is free, the sites do not get the maintenance of paid programs , as I have had similar problems with other free DAWs..... Its so amazing that in 2020 that installing programmes is more difficult than 30 years ago, !!!!!!!!! Technology though perceived to be much better, has a serious lacking!!!

I tried running as Administrator without windows 10 firewall and did not select any extras. Still it hangs for hours. I tracked it with network activity. I left it for half a day.  It stops or really slows down after about 600 MB.  There is no progress bar so I have no idea how much is left, if it resumes my previous attempt or stars over, or if the connection dies after I start. They should some kind of error messages and also have alternative servers or something...

Same problem here. I am running BandLab Assistant as administrator, and it downloads quickly for a couple of minutes and then stops at "Downloading ... (1/5)".

The antivirus isn't interfering. The firewall has BandLab Assistant enabled in the rules. Nothing seems to be affecting it, but the download is still not happening, but for me there is nothing at all in the BandLab download folder.

Same problem here.

Today 30 April 2020 - already total 6 hours fighting on this Cakewalk dowloading.

I didn't choose anything (melodyne, etc), just Cakewalk.
After 3 hours waiting and it's still say Downloading ... (0/1),
so 
I restart the computer, connect to the internet, open BandLab as administrator, turn off Defender,
try the download again, and now another 3 hours past and again still say Downloading ... (0/1).

No progress bar, no percentage, no information whether it's resume to the first 3 hours before or not,

There is a file in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads
Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_26.04.0.179.exe and the size is 218.919 Kb.
But just now when I check the Task Manager for the received data, it just stand still .. no graphic run (zero bytes received).

Is this normal ? 

Edited by reko tomo

Hopefully everyone has managed to get Cakewalk downloaded and installed by now. I've been trying for a couple of days. Today, after reading the posts in this thread I was about to write a somewhat angry post when I tried a last ditch effort of uninstalling bandlab for the 5th or 6th time, then going into the Windows Registry (regedt32.exe). I do not recommend doing this unless you can keep yourself from accidentally changing values or deleting keys altogether. But, it's not that difficult if you  know what  you're doing. AND - this may or may not have been what made the difference. But Cakewalk just finished installing after deleting all the BandLab keys or/data and reinstalling the BL assistant.

BandLabs SHOULD provide a registry cleaner. That would be the simplest way to go if this actually is the issue.

Again - DON'T do this unless you're confident you know what to do in the registry. Item #2 is very important if you have any doubt about your registry skills.

The steps:

1.  Uninstall BandLab (again, probably)
  2. Create a Restore Point in windows (search for how to do that - it will help you recover if you do something unfortunate in the registry)
  3. Open the windows registry (WinKey+ R for the run dialog, enter regedt32.exe, press enter)
  4. Ctrl+F to bring up the search dialog.
  5. Search for bandlab
  6. If search finds bandlab in the Data column of the right-hand pane, delete ONLY the line with bandlab in it UNLESS the Data (on the right) of the Key (highlighted in the left Pane) is ONLY about bandlab (even if it looks like there's no data in the key). Then you can delete the key.
  7. To find the next instance of bandlab in the registry, hit the F3 key.

Then reinstall the assistant and try again. It still took about 10 minutes before the 0/2 counter changed to 1/2. It installed both CW and Studio Instruments pretty quickly after the short download. I started cakewalk and it all appears to be working so far.

Good luck!

Possible solutionsSame issue here. I've tried many ways. I've been a Twelve Tone Systems Cakewalk/Sonar Platinum user since version 1 in the 80s. Never had an issue getting the program up and running till now. I've done everything everyone else has mentioned. Most more than once. All running as administrator. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:24 PM, HIBI said:

First, try to install only Cakewalk without checking checkbox of Add-ons. If it works, install Add-ons after installing Cakewalk.

How do you install the four add ons after installing Cakewalk?

Hi folks,

I don't know which specific step solved the issue for me, but this is what I did:

• Installed BandLab as administrator;
  • Clicked "Install" without selecting any add-ons;
  • Once the 500+ Mb exe file was fully downloaded, I executed it explicitly as administrator (it didn't automatically install);
  • After making sure CakeWalk was able to start, I went back to BandLab Installer and installed all 4 add-ons; this time the installation was automatic - and sequential, one after the other - without me having to explicitly execute the 4 exe files.

I hope this will help some. Cheers!

Chris.

I have been trying to install BandLab on my Windows 10, and it just hangs at the introductory BandLab opening Logo (a picture of a guy with a guitar and "Welcome to Bandlab")

It doesn't go any further than that.  Frustrating. Tried first clicking administrator.. no change.   

On 8/13/2020 at 12:18 PM, JRudow said:

I have been trying to install BandLab on my Windows 10, and it just hangs at the introductory BandLab opening Logo (a picture of a guy with a guitar and "Welcome to Bandlab")

It doesn't go any further than that.  Frustrating. Tried first clicking administrator.. no change.   

[reply and image of guitarist deleted to reclaim space for future images]

Edited by User 905133

I'm getting it too, now. Download works, but stuck on "Installing..." for 30 minutes.

EDIT: I found the installer that was downloaded by Bandlab Assistant.  It was called Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_26.09.0.006.exe. I closed Bandlab Assistant, ran the installer manually.

Edited by Barry Seymour