UJAM Finisher Micro

cclarry

WHAT THE..........?????????

🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄

Finisher stands for instant inspiration and endless creative sonic variety, a little bit like a magic spray finish for audio tracks.  

It's like that spray,  Fantastik, it's an all purpose cleaner !!!   LOLOLOLOL  😎

Edited by jesse g
  • Haha 1

I love this.  😁 Like all ujam products, it is incredibly simple to use and designed to integrate perfectly with the other ujam products.

Play some ujam drums and start messing with this.  It is awesome.   I don't know what it would be like with other company's instruments, but it works like a charm with theirs.  I don't know if it's a magic spray, but it sure is JUICY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is BIZARRE.  To try it out (and based on Reid Rosefelts's post) I loaded up UJAM's Silk guitar, selected a folk style and created a 4 bar pattern.  Listened to it to make sure it was working right, then loaded up Finisher Micro to process the track.   Started to play it and a FEMALE VOCAL began... WTF?  I immediately stopped it... nope - nothing else loaded... hit play again and she was singing again... and I could hear the Silk guitar part behind her.  Then I played with the modes and they affected only the vocal.  I bypassed Finisher Micro, and was left with the guitar.

I then loaded up a new track with a male vocal... processed it... and it worked as expected - Finisher Micro just processed the male vocal and there was no female vocal heard.

So, if anyone has Silk, do me a favor and try it with Finisher Micro.  I don't think I am crazy, but this is nuts!  

I read the manual and there is nothing about a female vocal... perhaps it's meant to act as a demo when you don't have source material?     Yet Reid is showing a YouTube clip above with Amber and it's working as you'd expect. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

This is BIZARRE.  To try it out (and based on Reid Rosefelts's post) I loaded up UJAM's Silk guitar, selected a folk style and created a 4 bar pattern.  Listened to it to make sure it was working right, then loaded up Finisher Micro to process the track.   Started to play it and a FEMALE VOCAL began... WTF?  I immediately stopped it... nope - nothing else loaded... hit play again and she was singing again... and I could hear the Silk guitar part behind her.  Then I played with the modes and they affected only the vocal.  I bypassed Finisher Micro, and was left with the guitar.

I then loaded up a new track with a male vocal... processed it... and it worked as expected - Finisher Micro just processed the male vocal and there was no female vocal heard.

So, if anyone has Silk, do me a favor and try it with Finisher Micro.  I don't think I am crazy, but this is nuts!  

I read the manual and there is nothing about a female vocal... perhaps it's meant to act as a demo when you don't have source material?     Yet Reid is showing a YouTube clip above with Amber and it's working as you'd expect. 

Haha - I see what you mean. I get a similar female choir effect using Fin-Micro's "Infinity" patch and SILK. 

The effect seems to be adding high harmonics and soaking them in reverb & delay. There must be something in the existing harmonics of the nylon guitar that causes this.

Actually, this technique is exactly how I used to get a choir-type patch using one of my old casio synths... turn down the the cut-off frequency, wack up the resonance, and put it through a reverb & delay with a touch of chorus.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 6:43 AM, msmcleod said:

Haha - I see what you mean. I get a similar female choir effect using Fin-Micro's "Infinity" patch and SILK. 

The effect seems to be adding high harmonics and soaking them in reverb & delay. There must be something in the existing harmonics of the nylon guitar that causes this.

Actually, this technique is exactly how I used to get a choir-type patch using one of my old casio synths... turn down the the cut-off frequency, wack up the resonance, and put it through a reverb & delay with a touch of chorus.

This is not a choir effect that I am hearing.  This is an explicitly worded female vocal, and I cannot tell you the exact words as I am at work, but it's something about a road.  And the vocal is tied exactly to the clip as I was testing it as a loop.   I guess I need to contact UJAM and get to the bottom of this.

24 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

This is not a choir effect that I am hearing.  This is an explicitly worded female vocal, and I cannot tell you the exact words as I am at work, but it's something about a road.  And the vocal is tied exactly to the clip as I was testing it as a loop.   I guess I need to contact UJAM and get to the bottom of this.

After reading your posts Michael, I just had to get this two-fer-one deal.

BTW, you didn't install Fluffy Audio's Haunted Choir did you? :P

• Haha 1