How to select specific noteS in Piano Roll

Astral

I am watching artists using Abelton, and in its piano roll, they enter chords, then simply highlight lowest notes of the chord and copy them in another track as a bass. I have tried holding Control, holding Shift- it wound not let me to select more than one note. How do I select only bass notes of a chords in more than one chord? Thank you. 

But... what if I had 16 measures part but I only want to select bass notes in 4 measures? What if I dont need the whole 16 measures of bass? Looks like clicking on actual KEY on the left is nice but not what needed. I need to click on the individual notes and get them selected. Is there a way to do it- to select more than one note? Thanks. 

Astral , If it's not real busy you can always copy the entire clip , then use the little keyboard to select a note and erase all of them at once ( in the copied track) , repeating until you only have the bass notes left. This actually is pretty quick. You can then use the little keyboard and select the bass notes and drop them an octave if you want.  Anyway ..  this is a pretty easy work around Iv'e done in the past.       mark        

13 hours ago, Astral said:

Ok, holding what? Holding Control key on qwert and clicking on the note in Piano roll? Not working- only one gets selected. What is PR? Thank you. 

PR is Piano Roll, usually called PRV for Piano Roll View. I almost exclusively use the Smart Tool, and Ctrl+left-click allows selecting multiple notes.

But I just tried with the Select tool, and Ctrl+click did not work as expected; it's necessary to Ctrl+click and drag to lasso each note.

So try it with the Smart Tool.

• Like 1