Keyboard should be in VST, is controlling Cakewalk instead

Steve Moddelmog

I bought AAS's Ultra Analog VA-3 yesterday.  Today I edited a patch and was trying to save it using VA-3's "Save As" setting.  When I tried to type a new name, any key that is mapped to a Cakewalk function (most of them!) executed that function instead of typing in VA-3's "Save Sound / Name" box.  For example, if I want a "D" in my new patch name, the Cakewalk console pops up instead of entering a "D" as the first letter of the Name in the dialog box.  Any ideas on how to make this work right?1955064468_2019-12-21(1).thumb.png.55e7ee3293e4f26cee19dc30d453c8fd.png

Edited by Steve Moddelmog

3 minutes ago, Canopus said:

That’s by default. In order to let a plug-in have keyboard focus, you must click the small keyboard icon in the upper right corner of that plug-in. The button tooltip is “Give All Keystrokes to Plug-in”.

Ah, thanks for that!  But I've been using Sonar / Cakewalk for over 15 years and have certainly saved VST sounds.  How is it that I am just discovering this?

No but given this

1 hour ago, Steve Moddelmog said:

Ah, thanks for that!  But I've been using Sonar / Cakewalk for over 15 years and have certainly saved VST sounds.  How is it that I am just discovering this?

you may not want to change the default. If there were a way to change the default, it should probably not be a global setting. It should be added to the plug-in properties page.

3 hours ago, Kurre said:

It is definitely a plugin issue.

I've saved lots of presets for lots of plugins and it has only happened to me once.

Would be nice if there was a plugin setting that could be activated for that single plugin.

I've saved a gazillion of DX,  VST and VSTi presets, too, and this is the irst time I hear of such behaviour. Then again, I'm on ancient software.