glitching midi over tempo change

Adam

Hi there,

I'm getting a bug that's really annoying. I've got a couple of droning (single note) midi sounds, and, I have a tempo change in the session, and, at the moment the tempo changes, the droning midi tracks create a loud popping sound. I'm using the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab.  Anybody else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Can Bandlab please address this in the next version?

regards,

Adam

Edited by Adam

Hi Robert,

Yes: I've solo'ed the tracks to confirm. The popping is definitely only related to the sound sources triggered by midi (not just one instance; there are three that all pop in the same way the moment the playback hits the tempo change.  There is nothing in the event window excepting the single midi note. 

Okay: I'm more confused than ever. I tried a few different things to replicate the problem.

1. I created a new instrument track (not a Kontakt instrument; an Arturia synth) and played a note over the tempo change and it was clean
  2. I copied and pasted the midi track that was in the channel that was popping into the Arturia track and their was a popping sound over the tempo change
  3. I tried deleting the midi note in the kontakt channel and reinserting it, and, I'm still getting the popping.

In conclusion, I think the problem is a Cakewalk glitch, but, not easy to replicate consistently.