Cakewalk video sync

jono grant

I just moved over to a brand new computer, pretty smokin' specs, Windows 10 (formerly 8.1). I thought perhaps after doing that I might have better sync with mp4 video and quicktime video in Cakewalk. It's actually worse, can't believe it! (relating to exporting the audio score you create and it being  a frame or two out of sync in other programs)

After years of trying to get an answer for this, I was finally told that is was a problem with the Windows audio architecture and there was nothing Cakewalk could do about it. Other windows audio programs don't have this issue.

It would be so great if some brilliant person out there could think of a fix or work-around for this... like some sort of way for cakewalk to calculate the amount that mp4s/quicktime files get "padded" in a Cakewalk session, and then create some sort of accurate offset that would ensure your exported audio would sync properly when delivered to another workstation.  It's also a bit random depending on the video files codec, how much they will  be out of sync, otherwise I could just set a simple offset or slide move when exporting. 

It's kind of silly to have to load up all your final score mixes or stems in another program and move them back into sync and then re-export.  

My original post about this issue here: 

My solution would be to google " whats the best video scoring software" and see what the status quo use. I doubt if Cakewalk will be mentioned.  Cakewalk is a midi/audio sequencer. The video playback track is sort of a quickly done afterthought like many things they did in the past and is not professional quality. The software is now free and I can't see them spending development time on the video track,, just like the notation issue. 

I use Vegas for movies but that's just using a mastered audio track. I can see scoring would be the other way around with a mastered video and a full powerful featured DAW underneath.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm only adding completely mastered audio tracks to Vegas. Not sure if you're adding tracks to the vid in Cakewalk, but you might want to look into a current version of Sound Forge. It handles multi- tracks and unless I'm mistaken, can integrate into Vegas as your audio editor.

http://forum-archive.magix.info/showmessage.asp?messageid=907690

Edited by razor7music