MACKIE LOGIC CONTROL AND CAKEWALK

Terry Child

CAN ANYONE HELP. JUST PURCHASED A SECOND HAND EMAGIC MACKIE LOGIC CONTROL SURFACE WHICH HAS  PREVIOUSLY USED LOGIC CONTROL MODE (AS INDICATED ON THE SCREEN OF THE UNIT) IT HAS V1.02 FIRMWARE LOADED. I AM USING CAKEWALK BY BANDLAB IN BOOTCAMP WINDOWS 10 RUNNING ON AN APPLE iMAC. IT IS CONNECTED WITH AN IN OUT MIDI CABLE INTO A CONVERTER WITH A USB CONNECTION. THE COMPUTER IS SEEING THE UNIT HOWEVER I AM UNABLE TO TO GET CAKEWALK TO INTERACT WITH IT.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE THIS UNIT WITH CAKEWALK? DOES IT REQUIRE SOME SORT OF MODIFICATION EITHER TO SSOFTWARE OR HAEDWARE.

i AM A TOTAL NUMPTY IN TERMS OF UNDERSTANDING THE INS AND OUTS OF DIGITAL GEAR SO WOULD NEED 'WALKING THROUGH' HOW TO DO ANY MODS.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP HERE.

MANY THANKS

TERRY 

• Meh 1

First you need to put it into Mackie Control mode, by holding down the "select" button on  channels 1 and 2 while powering on the unit and then select Mackie Control.

Then follow these instructions:

There's a lexan overlay available for Cakewalk/SONAR for the original MCU which has the Cakewalk/SONAR button mapping:

image.png.745528ed9cf27994bde9526ffdb22153.png

You should be able to find them on eBay, or alternatively you can buy them new here:

http://www.loudtechnologies.eu/shop/en/mackie-mcu-midi-controllers/lexan-overlay/0003951-02/a-3149-10000205

Note however that the 1.0.2 firmware is very old, so I can't guarantee you won't have some compatibility issues.

The latest version is 2.1.2, but you can't upgrade from 1.0.2 via software - you need an upgrade kit:

http://www.loudtechnologies.eu/shop/en/mackie-mcu-midi-controllers/mcu/0006701/a-2094-10000206

Also, these links are for loud technologies in the EU - you may get better prices contacting Mackie directly if you're based in the US.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Hi msmcleod,

Have sorted the change from Logic Control to Mackie Control and set preferences and utilities, however other than the faders all moving up to 0 there is no other control happening. I will purchase and upgrade for it and see if that helps.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Best regards

Terry