Sonuscore THE ORCHESTRA sale

synthmeister

I love Sonuscore and their 5-part engines.  The Orchestra works so well with Elysion, Mallet Flux,  not to mention the Origins series.

Can't wait for the next expansions.  Expecting woodwinds and brass, but who knows how they will do it.  Maybe incorporating a world instrument as with the strings. 

Great company.

Sales is on till Jan 2.  But you want the Orchestra Complete (yes, you really do otherwise you don't get all this new stuff) which isn't on sale.  So you buy The Orchestra (on sale) and the upgrade to Complete (also on sale).  At Best Service that comes in just under $300 US.  But they don't let you play any currency games (paying in Euros might be better for US customers right now).  So other stores might get you a better deal.  You'll need to do a lot of math with the currency and the incentive coins/credits.  Lots of dealers carry the Best Service products though so you should be able to get a deal.

I also think you'd want Elysion, which you can get a crossgrade price on.  It's pretty nice too.  It's what Spitfire dreams of when they realize how bad EDNA Earth is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Sales is on till Jan 2.  But you want the Orchestra Complete (yes, you really do otherwise you don't get all this new stuff) which isn't on sale.  So you buy The Orchestra (on sale) and the upgrade to Complete (also on sale).  At Best Service that comes in just under $300 US.  But they don't let you play any currency games (paying in Euros might be better for US customers right now).  So other stores might get you a better deal.  You'll need to do a lot of math with the currency and the incentive coins/credits.  Lots of dealers carry the Best Service products though so you should be able to get a deal.

I also think you'd want Elysion, which you can get a crossgrade price on.  It's pretty nice too.  It's what Spitfire dreams of when they realize how bad EDNA Earth is.

Thanks Matthew, Jan 2 sound ok. Will take a look at Elysion in the mean time...

Oh boy, soooo tempted by this. Can't believe the low hard drive usage either (or that I missed that pricing error while I was away).

So is this correct....The Orchestra is 6.65 Gb and the Complete Upgrade adds another 11.1 Gb?  So a total of ~ 17.75 Gb ?

Edited by ZincT

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Oh boy, soooo tempted by this. Can't believe the low hard drive usage either (or that I missed that pricing error while I was away).

So is this correct....The Orchestra is 6.65 Gb and the Complete Upgrade adds another 11.1 Gb?  So a total of ~ 17.75 Gb ?

I got it recently and am so glad I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The reason this is so small on disc (and in ram too) is there is only one mic/mix.  If you think about it, every single mic option means another set of all the samples.  So two mics cost you 2x, 3 mics 3x, etc.  They also don't have a ton of velocity layers nor a bunch of round robins.  All of which would increase the disc (and memory) footprint.

I think the disc requirements they list aren't to be added.  Complete is 11.3 GB, the basic version is 6.36 GB

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, cclarry said:

We're getting REALLY redundant on these things...just FYI....
There are like 3 or 4 threads discussing this just in this forum!

I agree but since this was really about The Orchestra, I didn't want it missed.  I missed the mishap on the Complete upgrade  and then missed the KVR sale of Amadeus at $85 - took the 4 grandkids on a short trip and been on the road for 16 hours - HIGH priority and memories we'll all benefit from!

For myself, I am still dragging my Gas!   Which isn't a bad thing but I'm still considering my options on this product.  😀

• Like 2